Weekly Mileage, w/e 7/4

I hope everyone had a great week and is enjoying their holiday weekend! I've seen tons of races out there so we should have lots and lots of race report this week, (hint hint)

My week went well for running, it was a fall back in mileage and a race week.

M/T/W 5 each day barefoot

Sunday 1 mile warm up and 8K race. Wore VFFs for the race as the track was really eat up and there was a stretch of gravel through the woods. Placed 3rd in my age group, WHOOT! My goal was sub 45 minutes and I met with with about 30 seconds to spare.

I had a better running

I had a better running week...

Barefoot - 22.5 miles mostly pavement but about 6 miles trails.

VFF's - 3 miles trail.

Did a nice trail run at Stone Mountain Park with Alan & Cathy from the Virginia chapter. Always good to meet new runners from BRS!

Had a real nice week.  7k x 4

Had a real nice week. 7k x 4 barefoot. Still no sign of any other barefoot wackos in my neighbourhood tho. No calf pain, no embedded glass. A real nice week. Last run of the week was the fastest paced yet. woohoo!!!

Last week I ran a total of

Last week I ran a total of 13.5 barefoot miles. I am watching my training pace drop to around wear it was before I went shoeless. I have also noticed I need more recovery time from running barefoot, is that normal?

Had a good week too14

Had a good week too
  • 14 running VFFs trail
  • 13 Running BF sidewalks and street
Total of 27 Miles.

I had 18.95 miles total.  It

I had 18.95 miles total. It breaks down like this:

Barefoot = 10.25
VFFs = 8.70
Of which I ran the Peachtree Road Race 10K barefoot with Terry again this year and Norman.
I'm considering traditional surgery sooner than I was expecting.

Awww - sorry TJ.Yes,

Awww - sorry TJ.

Yes, jamesjoshua, you'll need more recovery time as you adjust. I can get away with only one rest day a week now.

I did 27 miles this week. Yay! My weekly mileage has been down around 20 lately because I decided to do a couple of triathlons this summer. Biking is definitely my weak link, and I've had to nix a handful of runs to accomodate biking.

great job TJ. Hang in there

great job TJ. Hang in there and keep fighting.

6.2 miles this week. Just one bf trail run as this was a post marathon recovery week. It was also the first week in a month that it didn't rain every other day, so we spent the week making hay. Not much in the way of cardio, but its one helluva good upper body workout.

22.5 for me this week. It

22.5 for me this week. It should have been more since I made an attempt at a 55k for fun on Sunday. I dropped out after 13 mi though since my knees weren't co-operating. I still haven't quite recovered but I hope to be up and running by the end of the week.

8.5 over three runs but was

8.5 over three runs but was supposed to be 13.5. I got heatstroke (actually, the less serious heat exhustion) after three miles of an 8 miler on Sunday (at high noon).Probably 2-3 miles of it barefoot and the rest in water shoes.

hiOnly 16.5 BF/MF miles for

hi

Only 16.5 BF/MF miles for me this week. I did the one long run, a grueling 13 miler, in my Inov-8s...

Hello all - this is my first

Hello all - this is my first report - these are actually fun to read everyone, keep posting! I got in 13 miles of full barefoot last week - Mon. off, then 2, 3, 2, Fri. off, Sat. 3 and Sun. 4.

I love to hear everyone's true barefoot reports! I was only yelled at once last week "Why don't you got no shoes!!", and our BRSociety chapter made the front page of the local paper. So, all in all, a great week!!

Welcome, Fred!  When I get

Welcome, Fred! When I get that comment, I reply, "This economy is killing me! I can't even afford to run in shoes anymore!" Ha!

6.31 miles barefoot

6.31 miles barefoot running

2.29 miles barefoot walking/running (went for a barefoot walk with wife and daughter, and they had exercise stations along the route, so I stopped and did the exercises and then had to run to catch up to them)

3.1 miles (5K race) in VFFs. Did this with a friend for fun since I'm not fast, but I actually got 2nd in my age group (40-whatever).