Weekly Mileage Ending Dec. 11th/12th

barefoot.zumba.runner

Barefooters
Apr 3, 2010
let's hear it!

Sunday: 1hr belly dance, 25min core, 8mi in adizeros

16.52 miles total (12.55

16.52 miles total (12.55 barefoot, 1 mile huaraches, remaining socks)

wow TJ!! Awesome, it's nice

wow TJ!! Awesome, it's nice to see you here reporting. How ya feelin?

Getting there.  Thank you. 

Getting there. Thank you. The PF is still present, but not as bad as before, that is while I was dealing with the antibiotics. I think it's more difficult this time due to the extra inflammation caused by the meds. I'm up to 6 miles post surgery/antibiotics, not nearly what I am used to, but I will take it. What I've found is, I can run 6 miles and not have horrible PF pain, but if I walk for a long period of time (more than 20 minutes), my PF really hurts. I know it's because I walk heel to toe, as most of us do, and I have to try to walk with bent knees more, but that's difficult when you're shopping and doing a lot of walking.

6 miles this morning in

6 miles this morning in Huaraches, pace 8:37. It was 27 degrees out at 5:15am, I wore them without socks, feet never once got cold. For me, the huaraches are the ultimate barefoot alternative when footwear is needed. I love the fact that my feet still have the freedom of totally splaying out.

And that is why it is so

And that is why it is so important for people with Morton's Neuroma and Morton's Toe to have a good pair of huaraches when footwear is needed, to splay the toes; not only that, it's good for everyone to have huaraches as a viable alternative to other minimalist footwear for the same reason--to allow the metatarsals to spread apart as they were designed to.

It was so very important that Ted brought this concept back to the barefoot and minimalist running community, that is those of us who were in the dark about them, as in most so-called "developed" parts of the world. Seems Ted is a true barefoot AND minimalist running pioneer. He put VFFs on the map, and now he is doing the same with huaraches. Ted is good for running, period!

Thanks, Adam.  I hope Ted

Thanks, Adam. I hope Ted knows how much he is truly appreciated and the significant impact he has made on running, the running shoe industry, and the lives of so many people.

TJ, I have had so many

TJ, I have had so many injuries where running was painfree and walking was torture. I hope you can get it ALL painfree soon.

I'm in Long Beach this week

I'm in Long Beach this week and I'm really busy, but I did manage to squeeze in a quick 3.5 miles down by the beach. Let me just say that I don't know how anyone can not run down here, let alone, run in shoes! I took my KSO's just to be safe since I didn't know the route. I wish I hadn't now and if I go again tonight, I won't. I really felt sorry for the few people I did see running (all shod). One of the best parts of the run was passing a woman who was wearing her marathon event shirt. I wasn't going very fast, but I was going faster than she was and I could almost feel her eyes hitting my feet as I passed. :)

Thanks, J.  I appreciate

Thanks, J. I appreciate that.

Damn. Its been a rough week

Damn. Its been a rough week for running. I've got so many school and holiday obligations. I did manage to squeeze in 3.8 barefoot miles yesterday. I'm also planning on signing up for a belly dancing class come January (totally inspired by Zum)! It sounds like so much fun! I will be attending several holiday parties and drinking more than my fair share of cocktails this week. Does that count?

yay for Belly Dance Zap!!

yay for Belly Dance Zap!! Keep us posted on how it goes:)

Sunday 9mi, 1hr belly dance, 25min core work

Monday: 1hr belly dance

Tuesday: 2hrs zumba

Wednesda: 1hr zumba

Thursday 1hr zumba +7+mi run (planned with MN barefooters!!)

Friday: 1hr zumba

Saturday: tbd...

26.6 km or 16.6 mi so far

26.6 km or 16.6 mi so far this week split over two sessions. I broke down and got myself a gym membership so I'll be doing most of my running on the treadmill until the snow's gone, I think. At least I'll be barefoot for it...

I hear ya Zap!   Horrible

I hear ya Zap! Horrible week for running as well, school and work are killing me.

I seriously don't know how I am going to train for a marathon. I work until 5:00 tonight, then school until 10:00pm. I have to run, I will get home around 11:00, and head out for a run I think, it has to happen. Two days is my max to go without running or I become extremely moody and not fun to be around. My body is a bit gimby and beat up, I should rest but can't.

I had an interesting run last

I had an interesting run last night, and of course I always push the limits in the winter.

5 miles in Huaraches (without socks) 16 degrees.

Time: 40:57

Pace: 8:12

Anyways got home from class around 10:15pm, quickly changed into my running gear and headed out the door. I had no clue it was 16 degrees at the time, I didn't check the temp, i just knew it was cold.

Everything was cool until mile 4 when my heels started to go numb, just by instinct I knew the temps were exrtemely low, because I don't usually get effected by the cold that quick.

By mile 5 I was having some concerns and couldn't wait to get home. The last mile I had to play a guessing game of landing lightly because I had zero ground feel. Got home and instantly put my feet in some nice warm slippers, I learned a little tip that with hands and barefeet that have been exposed to freezing temps for sometime, you want to gradually warm them up slowly. You don't want to rush to a hot shower, or something like that. Luckly my feet were fine, my pinky toe never warmed up when I went to bed, and that was like 45 minutes in slippers. I was concerned because it was completely white compared to my other toes, I thought I did damage to it but it didn't fall off when I slept, and it's functioning again.

When you try another 16

When you try another 16 degree run, Adam, let us know how that particular pinky toe fares. It's possible that it will suffer less and less each time. Just curious.

Do so wish I had miles to

Do so wish I had miles to report but I am hoping to run tomorrow for the first time in two weeks. Been sick and slowly getting better.

I also plan on going dancing tomorrow night with my Honey! Then Sunday we have a music gig! I can play my guitar and dance at the same time LOL

So, if all goes well, I'll be BACK in shape and running more and more in no time!

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts