Wasatch Front 100 in Utah

sherrhod

Barefooters
Apr 4, 2010
My uncle is running the Wasatch 100 on the 10th and 11th of this month in Utah. This is the 4th of the Grand Slam races for him. I was just wondering if anyone here is entered or going to be there with someone else.

Sherri

No information here but I'd

No information here but I'd love to run it. I was born in Utah and know and have hiked most of the trail. It is a tough race.

Great race, ran it way back

Great race, ran it way back in '98 as part of the Grand Slam of Ultrarunning (Wasatch was the last of the series: Old Dominion, Western States, Leadville, Wasatch all in a 14 week time frame!). I'd really like to get back and have a solid run there.

I am back home and happy to

I am back home and happy to report that my uncle finished Wasatch, and completed the Grand Slam! At 63 years of age, this is quite an accomplishment. My aunt and I crewed for him, and it was an amazing experience. I will be forever changed by what I saw this weekend.

Sherri

That's so cool, Sherri!

That's so cool, Sherri!

The Grand Slam is on my

The Grand Slam is on my bucket list. So is Wasatch even if the GS doesn't come to fruition.

I ran a 100 miler, marathon, and 50 miler (DNFed at mile 25 in the 50) in 28 days... it damn near killed me. I have nothing but respect for those that complete the Grand Slam. Western States followed by Vermont three weeks later? That's f'ed up, but in a good way. :)

I'm sure you will amaze

I'm sure you will amaze yourself, Jason.

Yes, I think there were three

Yes, I think there were three weeks between two sets of races, so like 3 between Western States and Vermont, and I think about 3 weeks between Leadville and Wasatch. I'm not 100% on that, though. Crewing at Wasatch was a really amazing experience. My uncle is going to try to get into Hard Rock again next year (he's tried about 3 times). He asked if I'd want to crew for him if he gets in. I'll have to give that one some thought.

Sherri

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test

Latest posts