Strawberry Shake 5k - 2nd annual Owego, NY

otoole4info

Barefooters
Feb 3, 2013
Waverly, NY
I took the week off since running the Robbins Trail 10k Run on June 8th, 2013 and complained the whole week of wanting to run. My feet on the other hand, well my soles, told me to take the time off.

Last night I was ready to run..... I was going to just go for a run but why go for a run when there is a 5k going on less than 25 minutes away from home. Loaded the kids in the car and as soon as the wife got home from work...... off we went.

Literally a last minute decision and entry, race started at 7PM and the cut off for registration was 6:45PM. I think I registered at 6:40. The race is a USATF Sanctioned Event for those interested.

There were 555 persons that participated in the 5k, honestly I didn't think that many would be there when I decided to go. I managed to place 37th with a time of 21:41. My goal is to break the 20 minute barrier for a 5k, I was definitely not looking to do it with this one though. I still managed a new 5k PR though which I am thrilled with. I finished 1st in the barefoot division..... didn't see any others unshod.

Official results http://triplecitiesrunnersclub.org/y2013/Strawberry-Shake-5K.html and here is a link to the Strawberry Festival itself in case you may want to check this race out for next year http://www.owegostrawberryfestival.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=20&Itemid=26

The course was fairly flat and pretty much all pavement. There were a few areas that I was able to break off the paved road and run on the dirt shoulder.

Here is a picture of me after the crossing the finish line....... I needed water for my throat, battling a air conditioning induced sore throat issue (I despise air conditioning). Anyways take a look at the race official on the right, pretty sure he is pointing down at my feet.
finishA.jpg

No injuries to report on this run........ Sorry!

Attachments

• finishA.jpg
    finishA.jpg
    379.5 KB · Views: 18
Funny picture. The one guy is pointing at your feet, and you're only about three steps away from him.

Reactions: otoole4info
I took the week off since running the Robbins Trail 10k Run on June 8th, 2013 and complained the whole week of wanting to run. My feet on the other hand, well my soles, told me to take the time off.

Last night I was ready to run..... I was going to just go for a run but why go for a run when there is a 5k going on less than 25 minutes away from home. Loaded the kids in the car and as soon as the wife got home from work...... off we went.

Literally a last minute decision and entry, race started at 7PM and the cut off for registration was 6:45PM. I think I registered at 6:40. The race is a USATF Sanctioned Event for those interested.

There were 555 persons that participated in the 5k, honestly I didn't think that many would be there when I decided to go. I managed to place 37th with a time of 21:41. My goal is to break the 20 minute barrier for a 5k, I was definitely not looking to do it with this one though. I still managed a new 5k PR though which I am thrilled with. I finished 1st in the barefoot division..... didn't see any others unshod.

Official results http://triplecitiesrunnersclub.org/y2013/Strawberry-Shake-5K.html and here is a link to the Strawberry Festival itself in case you may want to check this race out for next year http://www.owegostrawberryfestival.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=20&Itemid=26

The course was fairly flat and pretty much all pavement. There were a few areas that I was able to break off the paved road and run on the dirt shoulder.

Here is a picture of me after the crossing the finish line....... I needed water for my throat, battling a air conditioning induced sore throat issue (I despise air conditioning). Anyways take a look at the race official on the right, pretty sure he is pointing down at my feet.
View attachment 2288

No injuries to report on this run........ Sorry!

Nice, Congrats!
But I am terribly disappointed that there is not a single blister to pop:smuggrin:

Funny picture. The one guy is pointing at your feet, and you're only about three steps away from him.

Must be he didn't learn the whole "don't point" thing growing up...... Heck even the little kids that will usually point at anything don't even point, they just turn to the closest adult (usually a parent) "Mommy/Daddy he is barefoot!" or "He has no shoes!"

Reactions: Barefoot TJ
Don't be too disappointed, yesterday I ran 7+ miles..... At mile 3 my BLT (Big Left Toe) became a BBLT (Bloody Big Left Toe)!

YESSSSSSSS!!! I mean sorry:oops:
No pics?:grumpy:

Reactions: otoole4info
aren't you always stubbing your left toe? you have some trigger points to seek and destroy.

Reactions: Barefoot TJ
Thank you for Sharing! Hee!

Reactions: Barefoot Dama
Reactions: Barefootshuffler
Awe :) Thanks, Dama!:happy:

A heads up shuffler, don't get too used to my kindness I am not always nice like that(of course I am kidding I am ALWAYS nice, despite of what other people think).