Someone hit slow mo, September..where have your feet been?

I did 4.48 tonight before

I did 4.48 tonight before stubbing my toe and falling, but here's the thing. I have been saying all year my fitness goal was to be able to fall safely, roll and spring up right away if I tripped or got knocked over. And when I fell that's what I did. I am Bruce Lee! After my injury, that kind of dynamic movement was something I struggled with and I have worked very hard all Spring and Summer to get some springiness into my body. So happy with myself although my toe hurts like hell!

Very interesting, JSchwab! 

Very interesting, JSchwab! At least you are getting more flexible.

8.5 barefoot run this morning

8.5 barefoot run this morning - time 1:13:48. Rough run for sure, just couldn't get my rhythm, got about 4 hours of sleep. Stepped on a golf ball size rock with full impact. I noticed when I am very tired, my feet become more sensitive, I am not as relaxed and my form just breaks down. But it was very humbling! I was having to many solid runs, I was due for a breakdown, it's keeps you honest.

I sprained my toe falling so

I sprained my toe falling so it's been a light week (and no speedwork). So far, 4.5 Tuesday mostly bare, and a 5K yesterday in Zems. I am trying for 10 on Saturday morning, but my gait was funny with the toe, so I'm hoping that clears up because 10 with a weird gait is not good.

Ouch, JSchwab.  Get better

Ouch, JSchwab. Get better soon!

Incredible 5mi run in the

Incredible 5mi run in the rain yesterday, seriously I was cruising along pretty quickly and couldn't slow down. Literally at some points my feet were in such a groove that it felt effortless to be moving with them (add wind to the back on the way home, making for a pretty peppy run)

1hr Zumba barefoot this am

Ack Schwab, sorry you're

Ack Schwab, sorry you're injured :( Feel better Mama

I am going to KILL someone if

I am going to KILL someone if I don't run today. My trapezius still hurts and my toe in still sprained but I'm on the verge of a nervous breakdown. Sitting around is not helping.

Isn't it great how barefoot

Isn't it great how barefoot makes you faster on the downhills?

I had ten miles of peace, love, and understanding and feel so much better now. I was surprised to find when I got back I ran them all a minute faster than expected even though I felt like I was going very easy and slow. My lesson from today is that when the body screams "Run!" maybe it's just time to run, regardless of hurt.

Tuesday - 4.48 mixed bare and Zems

Thursday - 3.1 Zems

Sunday - 10 in water shoes with so many holes they may redefine the term "protective footwear"

17.58 total

I honestly can't run faster

I honestly can't run faster on the asphalt downhills. I don't want to slam my heels into the asphalt, so I tend to go slower down hills. I don't have a problem tackling the uphills though.

I slam my heels in minimalist

I slam my heels in minimalist shoes, but true bare I run just as if on flat land with a midfoot landing. Try leaning forward next time you run a downhill barefoot (when your feet feel better) and see if that helps. I was really happy about this because downhils were always my nemesis (I am good on the uphills, too).

Barefoot TJ wrote:I honestly

Barefoot TJ said:
I honestly can't run faster on the asphalt downhills. I don't want to slam my heels into the asphalt, so I tend to go slower down hills. I don't have a problem tackling the uphills though.

I found that leaning into the hill slightly when running downhill really helps, actually lean with the hips. This will help you land forefoot. The technical part is prepare to spin your legs!

Yes, thank you guys.  I've

Yes, thank you guys. I've tried all that. I think since I've been trying to run in pain for so long, things that work for others don't necessarily work for me. Like JSchwab said, it will probably have to wait for me to perfect my downhill form after my MN and PF problems disappear.

On downhills increase your

On downhills increase your cadence and shorten your stride even more than normal. When I start downhill it still feels kind of strange, but it works. I would have sworn there was a video of BFKB demonstrating this, but I cant't find it.

Barefoot TJ wrote:Yes, thank

Barefoot TJ said:
Yes, thank you guys. I've tried all that. I think since I've been trying to run in pain for so long, things that work for others don't necessarily work for me. Like JSchwab said, it will probably have to wait for me to perfect my downhill form after my MN and PF problems disappear.

Yes, nothing screws up your form more than pain... I hope you get some help soon, either from a good doc, divine intervention or Father Time.