Running Across America Barefoot

walker-on-st.jpg
Running Across America Barefoot
By Leader & Times

Running on pavement with footwear can be challenging in and of itself, but take away the shoes, and the challenge becomes even bigger.

This summer, one man is daring to run across America’s roads, without shoes, to help raise money for a cause, or two, in the process.

“I’m raising awareness for the Bare Soul Project,” said Jake Brown, who stopped in Liberal last Thursday as part of his run. “It’s a private initiative promoting a global community and conscious lifestyle.”

Brown is also raising money for the Semper Fi Fund, a non-profit organization providing needed resources to wounded veterans and their families.

Brown said while many people take to America’s roads with similar messages, most of the time, the focus is on the runner themselves rather than the message.

“I feel we often neglect our responsibility to show this incredible movement that surrounds just one person putting one foot in front of the other across the country,” he said. “I’m just one tool in the whole tool box.” To continue reading, please visit: http://www.leaderandtimes.com/index...a-without-shoes&catid=12:local-news&Itemid=40

Running across America WITHOUT SHOES
Leader and Times
You can run further and faster when you put on the shoes. ... Another challenge that comes with being a barefoot running is learning how to deal with ...

.................and why is he wearing a 56lb pack rather than pushing a cart?
Either a pack or a cart would have messed up my form.

A cart has only to be propelled. A pack has to be supported as well as moved. The 5 - 10lb pack I run with each morning changes my form - I suspect a 56lb one would truly mess it up (and remove all the pleasure from the run).

I used to push my kids in jogging strollers (first a single, then a double), and it definitely messed up my form. It forced me to use my back muscles more too.

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmeiners11