Recreational Runner, and proud of it

I did that briefly while working for a modeling agency in Brazil. It's brutal getting that last bit of fat off the mid-section and still doing decent strength-training. Most guys only did it for certain jobs, or for adding body shots to their books. It's very hard to sustain, like you say. The body only gives up those last few pounds of fat reserves begrudgingly.

All these replies and NO ONE but me jumps on Lee's casual mention of his Brazilian modeling career????? So spill it Lee....Gonna be dropping Magnum soon?

images

Bare Lee...He's so hot right now.

Reactions: Sid and Bare Lee
Ha! It helped pay the rent while I was learning Portuguese, and of course, it's impressive to walk into an audition with dozens of exotic-bird-like women milling about with low energy and tired looks, but the problem is I have no sense of style. I do nature boy much better than urban cool. I also did some part-time stuff in Japan. That was easy money, because almost all the auditions were done by photo, not live cattle calls. I once made 800 bucks in 10-15 minutes making silly faces while holding a pane of glass with another guy, both of us dressed as painters.

Reactions: Sid and Lomad
I dunno, I believe people have sovereignty over their own bodies. Of course, the history of the tobacco industry, its propaganda (advertising) and lobbying efforts, complicate the picture, but I'm definitely anti-prohibition in all things--let the people decide what kind of lives they want to live. Taxation is OK if it helps pay for the health care costs of petty vices, but if it just means more bombs or bail-outs for speculative betting, then I'm against it.
Good point, I'm all for sovereignty. Perhaps tax them, but have the proceeds put into an individual fund for health expenses, cancer treatment, funeral expenses, and next of kin. Then again, these sorts of things are complex, and it's impossible to predict all the effects that could result.

can't do weights very well on an empty stomach, unless it was a high intensity type workout with low weight, which I don't do anyway . . .
Right, that sounds like cardio to me, though I suppose some might argue otherwise.

Yah, I like the pants method too. I was up to a 38 waist, now I'm just a few months away from 34 I think. Then I can wear all my old pants again!
I learned my lesson on the second go around. I gave away or threw out all my fat clothes. Also bought more skinny clothes than I actually need. Pants 66% off? I'll take three! I'm committed now.

I learned my lesson on the second go around. I gave away or threw out all my fat clothes. Also bought more skinny clothes than I actually need. Pants 66% off? I'll take three! I'm committed now.
I'm lucky I was only getting chubby my last few years in Mozambique, and I lived mostly in shorts there when I wasn't out interviewing people, so most of my wardrobe when I came home is for a guy who weighs a bit less than I do now. I'm already using my old 36s, looking forward to the 34s. Of course, on the nicer pants I may have to take them up a bit so they work with minimalist casual/dress shoes.

Reactions: Sid
Ha! It helped pay the rent while I was learning Portuguese, and of course, it's impressive to walk into an audition with dozens of exotic-bird-like women milling about with low energy and tired looks, but the problem is I have no sense of style. I do nature boy much better than urban cool. I also did some part-time stuff in Japan. That was easy money, because almost all the auditions were done by photo, not live cattle calls. I once made 800 bucks in 10-15 minutes making silly faces while holding a pane of glass with another guy, both of us dressed as painters.
HA! This is awesome Lee...
What a BA :cool:

I have this problem. Sometimes I wish I had never been a runner prior to my back surgeries. I think sometimes I have these unrealistic goals of getting back somewhat close to where I once was. I am pretty sure I will never be able to run a 5 min mile again, yet I keep hoping my body will surprise me.
jason greer.jpg

Reactions: Sid and NickW
I was thinking BA as in Business Administration. I just couldn't figure it out after my mind made that leap... :D Way too tired after yesterdays massive cram session that went till nearly midnight for school...

I was thinking BA as in Business Administration. I just couldn't figure it out after my mind made that leap... :D Way too tired after yesterdays massive cram session that went till nearly midnight for school...
Or Bachelor of Arts...

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7