OK, We all know who the beer drinkers are here, but who enjoys a good cigar once in a while?

inakilt

Barefooters
Dec 24, 2012
Chesterfield, VA
Was wondering how many folks here are cigar smokers. I was taking advantage of the great weather (60F with scattered clouds), and decided to celebrate the taste of Spring with a La Flor Dominicana Double Ligiero Chizel Maduro. This is a great, strong cigar, that must be smoked after a meal (otherwise it makes me loopier that 11%ABV beer). The really nice thing about it is that it doesn't have much of an aftertaste, so your mouth doesn't taste like an ashtray afterwards. This one really goes well with a good single malt, like Lagavulin or Glenmorangie,

Reactions: deviantrunner
I used to, but when I swore off cigarettes I had to give up cigars too. They were too much of a slippery slope for me. I had friends that worked at a cigar shop forever ago, though and had my pick of their wares. I won't deny missing a good stogie once in a while...

I used to love a good Havanna, but since I quit smoking 4 years ago, like Lomad, it's a slippery slope for me and haven't had one since I quit. I smoked for 20 years and I am afraid if I try a cigar now I will break down and end up back to smoking cigarettes.

Well, I will admit that I will smoke a cigar here and there although not enough to be able to name the brand. I prefer the ones with some flavor to them.

I love a good cigar on occasion, but I have no idea how to tell if one is good or not. I was on a cruise a couple of years ago and smoked one and that was one of my favorite moments. Just my wife and I in this lounge around 1 AM, looking at the dark ocean, me with cigar, her with wine. Man, I need a vacation!

Reactions: NickW
Maybe once or twice a year. Used to be a lot more than that.

I think I enjoy it more now, with a good after dinner whisky or brandy, than when it was a habit.

Every now and again, I'll have one. I typically go for the medium-strength cigars in the $10-12 range, so the brands vary. I used to get these Dominican cigars called Habana Gold, but the BevMo that I used to get them from stopped carrying them. Regardless, these are a step up from when I started in the mid-90's - I used to get the 2 for $3 rotgut stoges at the liquor store (not BevMo) to take fishing. Bloody things used to tear my throat out, but I was usually so well lubricated with the other things I bought at the liquor store, I didn't notice until the next day... :D

Reactions: NickW
Every now and again, I'll have one. I typically go for the medium-strength cigars in the $10-12 range, so the brands vary. I used to get these Dominican cigars called Habana Gold, but the BevMo that I used to get them from stopped carrying them. Regardless, these are a step up from when I started in the mid-90's - I used to get the 2 for $3 rotgut stoges at the liquor store (not BevMo) to take fishing. Bloody things used to tear my throat out, but I was usually so well lubricated with the other things I bought at the liquor store, I didn't notice until the next day... :D
+1

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test

Latest posts