Need a partner

There is about 24 miles of the Finger lakes Trail going through Letchworth State Park south of Rochester, NY. I'd like to run/walk it the first or second Saturday in May next year. Darned if I want to run/walk the return so I need a car at the end of the trail. The best way I can see that happening is if I could find someone or a small group that needs a little exercise. I'm not a competitive runner. I want to start the trail in the morning and hope to finish in time for supper - maybe 6-7 hours trail time. I've been told that it is mostly single-track, a few ups and downs and some creek crossings (nothing deep). Anyone interested???

Lee

Wish I lived in your area...

Wish I lived in your area...

Lee, have you thought about

Lee, have you thought about joining the New York Chapter? If so, you can do so through the Chapters tab above. Maybe you'll get more running buddies that way.

But if someone else were to

But if someone else were to join from your area and message the group through the chapter, you'll never know. :-(

Besides, it's free! ;-)

Have you tried that online

Have you tried that online group OKPheidippides?

Come to think of it there are a lot of shodders out there whom you might find willing to run with you. Have you tried conventional runners?

Not very many recreational

Not very many recreational runners around that would do 24 miles. The furthest I've run on a trail is 6k last May, I've hiked a couple 6 milers this past year. I want to run a 13k next May probably the week before I try the Finger Lakes trail. I'm working on starting to do the 46 peaks in the Adirondacks over 4000 ft this coming summer. I want to run some of those trails to cut down on the time to summit.

TJ - I joined NY. Chris said maybe NY will have a meetup in the Finger Lakes.

Lee

lparker,Wow, that is some

lparker,

Wow, that is some beautiful area you are looking at. If my wife and I get end up returning home and earning our PhDs at UB I'll let you know because we would likely be moving back up around that time, and that would be a great way to unwind. I'm originally from Little Valley near Ellicottville, so Letchworth isn't far at all and neither is Forestville. Heck, my grandmother used to live over in Smith Mills.

I noticed on your blog that

I noticed on your blog that you are retired from USPS, is there any chance you know a Pete Bowen or a Rick Taft? I grew up with their kids. One worked down in Jamestown and the other in Little Valley before retiring two or three years ago now. I know it's a shot in the dark.

I thought it was a complete

I thought it was a complete shot in the dark, but it never hurts to ask. I'll keep you updated as we find things out from the PhD programs. Lee, I hope you have a great day!

lparker wrote: I'm working on

lparker said:
I'm working on starting to do the 46 peaks in the Adirondacks over 4000 ft this coming summer. I want to run some of those trails to cut down on the time to summit.

I'm originally a northern NY'er just wanted to chime in and say hello. My folks are 46'ers and I'm probably half way there but lost track of my records (most of the peaks I bagged when I was in high school and college). After a good 10 years or so of not climbing I want to get back into it, but its too far now to do much in the adirondacks other than maybe one trip a year. My folks still live there and have a cabin in South Colton. Beautiful area up there wish like heck I could move back but not many jobs up that way and not sure the wife would want to move.

Thats the one thing I dont

Thats the one thing I dont miss! Black flies are horrible up there . I thought they were usually done by then though, its been many years but I seemed to recall them being a may-june problem? I have one friend here who is into hiking as well (the last few years that I have tried to get back into it we have hiked in WV) and I told him if we do take a trip up to plan on late summer like august or maybe sept just to get away from the dang flies!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test