My 5-Year Anniversary

My 5-Year Anniversary
By Ramzev

Five years ago today I posted this to Facebok,

"Started training myself for barefoot running today, ran 1/2 mile unshod. It'll take a while to go completely shoeless, but I'll get there."

So, there you go. It's my five year anniversary of runing barefoot. It's been quite the journey, a lot of learning, answering a lot of questions. I have also gotten to know really great people along the way, a lot of them through the Runners World forum, then the transition here to the BRS. I can't wait to see what the next 5 years bring me. Maybe I'll get someone else in Delaware to join me?

BF1.jpg
BF2.jpg
BF3.jpg
BF4.jpg

That is all, carry on...

Congrats, Ram! I wonder what five years from now will look like too. I "copied" this to the Home Page. Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: The Ramzev
Thanks TJ. I'm hoping to be a bit more active here agian. I have a fairly easy class this semester which will allow more time for internet shennanegans!

Hi Ramzev! It's a real, real small barefoot world, eh??!!

Mine has been a similar journey timewise, as I'm into my 5th year.
Without you at the Great Wyoming Buffalo Stampede a couple weeks ago, I was the only barefooter... duh!!

When the learning and benefits have been so profound and dramatic for me, as a barefooter, it always amazes me that more people don't do it.

I hope to see you in race sometime soon.

John

Makes me want to write a list of sentences in your honor!

Reactions: Barefoot TJ