Mind the Ducks 2011 BRS meetup in Rochester, NY

Details will be forthcoming, but it looks like Shellerz (the RD) is going to extend open arms to the rest of the BFR/MR community! Four of us ran it this past May... it was an AWESOME event! It's a 12 hour ultra run around a 1/2 mile loop set in a park. The format allows for lots of conversing... perfect for a BRS event! Stay tuned...

woop woop! may 14th 2011

woop woop! may 14th 2011 folks! hope to see some of you out there!

Crap, crap, crap, crap.....

Crap, crap, crap, crap..... My brother is getting married that day. Did I say crap, crap, crap, crap...?
sad.png

Besides running for 24hrs,

Besides running for 24hrs, what else is there to do in the area?

shacky, only 12 hours! and

shacky, only 12 hours! and lots! if you're bringing the family (not sure you have a family... you're juts shacky to me) the strong national museum of play is here, and it is a first class awesome place. kids or no kids... strong museum and planetarium, george eastman house (founder of eastman kodak), seneca park zoo, lilac festival is that weekend (highland park is a frederick law olmstead park with thousands of species of lilacs. food, rides, beer tent and which usually has some good bands playing). also, the race takes place about 100 yards from the great genessee river and 4 miles south of the lake ontario shoreline where there is fun water type things that can be enjoyed. lots of cool trails to check out in the area, and if you stay for a day trip can do a fingerlakes wine tour. upstate has great wines and cheeses, and this is a pretty neat thing as well.

ram- HUGE bummer. so sorry i know you wanted to be here this next time :-(

Bummer, I am not sure if I'll

Bummer, I am not sure if I'll be able to do it and I really want to but big expenses are coming our way prior to MTD.

See what the future brings by then.

Thanks Shellerz.  I've

Thanks Shellerz.

I've already promised to run Vancouver the week before but since I should be a bonafide ultra dude by then and I am already a Marathon Maniac, what's a little 12hr run a week later?

And no family. I see its a short drive to Niagara Falls so I may hit up that place since I've never been.

falls are cool, canadian side

falls are cool, canadian side is better. bring yer passport ;-)

Looks like I may have to stay

Looks like I may have to stay a day or two in Buffalo while out that way. Reading reviews on Duff's hotwings has me salivating. There's a bbq joint near the airport that seems worthy of a visit as well.

I'm so glad I run since all I think about is food and alcohol.

I just had this race added to

I just had this race added to the Marathon Maniacs list of upcoming races. May draw a bit more publicity.

If any of you are fellow MANIACS, I was told you have to complete at least 30 miles in a timed event for it to count towards your Maniac status. Piece of cake, right?

www.marathonmaniacsdb.com/Maniacs/UpcomingRaces.asp

registration opens in 3 days

registration opens in 3 days - january 1st!! only 75 spots available folks, so get er done!!
bigsmile.png