Mileage Reporting 44th week 2013

I'm sure they'll plow Sheppard road as it seems to be a well used road. The concrete in likelyhood is smoother than the bike path if I remember correctly. Should be doable if the road and path are dry with very little snow coverage, and the temp is around -5C or warmer.

Reactions: Bare Lee
I'm sure they'll plow Sheppard road as it seems to be a well used road. The concrete in likelyhood is smoother than the bike path if I remember correctly. Should be doable if the road and path are dry with very little snow coverage, and the temp is around -5C or warmer.
Yah, I'm sure they plow Sheppard and that it's smoother than the bike path (which isn't completely smooth, but not very rough either), it's just that concrete feels colder than asphalt. I would say there's a temp differential of at least 2-3 degrees Celsius between my tolerance on concrete and my tolerance on asphalt. That's why I'm hoping they plow the bike path as well (but don't salt it). Anyway, we'll see.

BTW, just got two Merino wool 260 midweight base layers in the mail. All set for today's run. Thanks again for turning me on to Merino wool. I got some Icebreaker Tracer Pants coming in the mail tomorrow. I'll get a Merino wool jacket for Christmas, and then I'll have replaced all the synthetic stuff I bought last year with a purely wooly wardrobe, except for the leggings/tights. OK, I guess I better get the Merino version of those too. Oh, and hat and gloves . . .

Reactions: dutchie53
Forced myself to go to the gym and did 30 minutes of leg work with weights as well as some forward and backwards hiking/climbing/ellipticalish machine. Discovered I have no hamstring curl muscle strength. I find that weird. All I really want to do is run, but cross-training is necessary!. I withdrew from school today so I can feel free to put more time and effort into ultratraining now!

Well, I dunno. I think almost everyone can find an hour a day to exercise if they really want to. I'm taking care of my aging parents right now, so I get daily reminders of what happens when you don't stay fit. Once you reach middle-age, the tendency is to decompose unless you do something to counteract it. My folks never did, and now they're paying the price by spending their last years in ill health.

And you have to remember I don't swim or do any other aerobic exercise like you do, and I often listen to my field recordings while running, tuning in and out of them, so that's a little bit like grading on a treadmill . . .

And your comment is ironic, considering that you were one of the first high-mileage people I became aware of on this forum. I was amazed how you would casually report your 10-mile runs.

My new motto:
Hypocrisy is ok for me to do but not the rest of you.

;)

Reactions: Bare Lee

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts