Mileage Reporting 42nd week of 2012

2.03 miles in my sandals. Nice and easy 11:30 pace which felt good. I'm finding I really like the control I have being barefoot, but I hate the little debris or chipseal or whatever pokes my feet. Can't wait to try out the minimal soft stars when I order them. They really (other than being ugly) seem just what I am looking for to solve this. Sandals are fine for short distances for me but much more than 2.5-3 miles I have toes that start going numb. It's the strap between the toes that seems to get me, I try to loosen across the front of the foot but then the sandal gets floppy or the heel falls down. If I tighten the heel it just pushes the foot farther forward and I'm back to square one with the strap between the toes being too tight.

Anyhow, today was supposed to be my shoulders, back and legs day in the gym but the tv is out again in there so maybe I'll get to go tomorrow without the boy. Stinking windstorms causing problems here.

Couldn't run this morning, I was exhausted from gardening the whole afternoon yesterday, my legs are pretty sore....btw does that count as exercise if you do it barefoot ??? Let's clock it in as cross training :D

I hope to do 10km tomorrow (which is my Sunday)

Couldn't run this morning, I was exhausted from gardening the whole afternoon yesterday, my legs are pretty sore....btw does that count as exercise if you do it barefoot ??? Let's clock it in as cross training :D

I hope to do 10km tomorrow (which is my Sunday)
Gardening barefoot definitely counts! And it can be very hard work.

3.74 miles on a beautiful rainy and windy day. Temps holding steady at about 0 degrees celcius. Nothing better than running in shorts and barefeet at this temp. My luck was with me because I did not have to wait for the cargo train to pass through today, timed it perfectly so I did not even have to stop, I hit the tracks as the last car rolled by.

Volleyball for me today and no run.

Reactions: happysongbird
about 4.5 in am, about 2.5 this evening, all in huaraches, all in the rain, all in the 40s F
dressed too warmly each time, since I've been in <40 degree at night mode.
Yeah, it can be challenging to dress for those mid range temps -

I know, right? And little changes, like 5 degrees up or down, or a bit more wind, or light rather than dark, can completely change dressing requirements.
Summer, it's easy; wear as little as possible and put sunscreen on.

I tried the 'Wearing as little as possible' once and almost got arrested, who knew the short shorts can be viewed as obscene, when that is all you are wearing. :eek:

Just finished my week with a 5.83 mile run & 33.04 miles for the week.

1 mi walking to store and back with stroller for milk and oj. It was 36F so I guess this qualifies for the winter challenge, but I feel kinda pathetic counting it. Had fun splashing in puddles with my son on way back, then we got scolded by mom. Just finished Top/shoulder routine, done lightly to make sure nothing seizes on me again, with new Face Pulls & Cuban Press suggested by Abide--nice--and some neck stuff, and hand gripper for the first time. I got a harness coming on Tuesday,

will be thinking of Mike and Jen next time I do the neck stuff with it.

For whatever it's worth, here's the set I did today, already revised from earlier in the week:

1.Power Clean !
2.Shoulder Press ! or $
3.Upright Row {
4.Cuban Press !
5.Face Pull $
6.Rotation with elastic band
7.Pull-downs, front & back $
8.Seated Row $
9.Shoulder Raises & Shrugs %
10.Neck stuff $
11.Forearm: curl !
12.Forearm: pro- & supination %
13.Hand gripper
14.Plank: Fist pump %
15.Plank: Push/pull plate
16.Plank: Stir the pot ball
17.Floor: Turkish Get-up %
18.Abs: Sit-up bench/crunches
19.Abs: Plank Twist

! = done with barbell
% = done with dumbbell
{ = done with curling bar
$ = done with cables
@ = done optionally c/ ankle weight
# = done with body weight

Ran my first sub 2:00 hour half marathon this morning, rather killed it, I actually stabbed it with a fork. Finished in 1:54:16 with a nasty headwind for the last 2 miles. 3 degrees Celcius was the temp. I love running this time of the year, everybody was bundled up and here I was barefoot and running in a kilt.

Ran my first sub 2:00 hour half marathon this morning, rather killed it, I actually stabbed it with a fork. Finished in 1:54:16 with a nasty headwind for the last 2 miles. 3 degrees Celcius was the temp. I love running this time of the year, everybody was bundled up and here I was barefoot and running in a kilt.
I am very impressed. I could hardly stand 10 minutes in the frigid (not heated yet) water just now smoothing out the wrinkles of our new pool.

Very impressive, not only the time, but the temperature !!! This is far too cold for me...I like the kilt idea though :cool:

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts