Mileage Reporting 39th week 2013

Wild 12 mile run at 5:00 am., 81 deg., 74%rh... I picked at a new route for this run. I got lost (missed a turn) and dead ended into an area that had a gated community. No problem just kept running. Saw rabbits, squirrels, 1bat (in daylight overcast). At one point I heard some of the local wild parrots behind me, I turned to look and saw a large hawk in flight above the road I just ran down. This is the last run of week 6 of training for me. Total miles 30.
next weekend we will do the 5K barefoot run at Andy Brown park in Coppell TX. I will run 10 miles prior to this run.
tomorrow I will sign up for my 2nd marathon this year Dec. 8th Dallas marathon.

8 miles on really rough pavement. Most of the last 3 days visiting new granddaughter in NICU. If you want to know more, there are updates on my blog. Her parents have a lot of people asking, so wanted me to help with that. I'm tired.

10 miles shod trail run with some decent hills. Sharp rocks on top of rocks. Moderate pace, I wanted to save something for tomorrow. I got a size 13 to get wide enough, which leaves about 1 inch of excess out front to trip over plus the extra weight, but still have a sore pinkie toe. D*** shoes, but I have only been able to barefoot about 4 miles of this trail before in an equal amount of time and I've done the route in sandals but the recovery was 3 days.

50 miles for the week, but a low barefoot percentage at 10%:(

12.6km, which I guess is a smidgeon under 8 miles in the old reckoning. Barefoot on the beach on a nice morning. Longest run, barefoot or otherwise, since I was a teenager (and that was quite a while ago). Feet are feeling slightly beat up, knees feeling slightly loose, but I feel like I stopped at the right time. I was getting dangerously close to power plodding in the last km. :) My wildly oscillating 'am-I-going-to-make-the-12km-fun-run-on-pavement-in-November-o-meter' is currently heading from 'maybe' to 'probably, but no guarantees that it won't be ugly'.

Only 20km running this (lazy) week, but I did play one game of basketball and my neice is on the way down for a surf later today, so that should help loosen things up.

8 miles on really rough pavement. Most of the last 3 days visiting new granddaughter in NICU. If you want to know more, there are updates on my blog. Her parents have a lot of people asking, so wanted me to help with that. I'm tired.
Laura I'm so sorry to hear of Cori Lou's difficulties. Sending positive vibes out your way, praying that everything will turn out OK. I know she's in great hands with Grandma Lulu overseeing the situation!

Your blog is quite impressive by the way.

Saturday morning: 8 miles out and back on my regular country roads. The weather was so nice, the morning so pretty with the first changing of colors, that I almost said "eh, let's make it ten" but in an act of pure and rare prudence, I turned back.

day: sets of stuff when I could get a break, a few weights, some abs
eve: about 20-25 min swim, short but sweet. wasn't in the mood for it, but felt good once I was there

What a difficult time for everyone. I can't imagine how nerve wracking it must be.
She's such a cutie, btw. May all go as well as possible in the coming days.

2.5 mile jaunt to the park with the dogs. let them run around and chase squirrels while i did some body weight exercises. stretched my legs nicely after my friday long run. today is moving day, in pouring rain. yeah!

Well wishes on your grand daughter! I know what your feeling...one of my kids was in ICU the first 3 weeks of his life

Laura my prayers are with you and family and of course with little Cori Lou she does look like a determined little fighter and so cute on top of that.