Mileage Reporting 30th Week of 2013

Did my every 2 week easy long run today at Stone Mountain park....thought I might do 3 or 4 laps on the pavement. Ran by feel and tried to take it a bit slower to see how the feets and legs might do with a 4th lap.

During the last half of my 3rd lap I started getting a hot spot around the ball of each foot plus a small bit of Morton toe numbness which happens sometimes on long runs. Went for a 4th lap still and feets stayed about same until a couple miles from the end of lap 4 when I switch over to some lumpy sidewalk to avoid some cars.

That lumpy sidewalk kind of massaged the hot spots and numbness out of my feet...they were back to normal by the time I finished the 4th lap. Felt great so started a 5th lap...these laps are mostly down hill the first 2 miles then rolling then uphill mostly the last 2 miles...well those 2 miles downhill were my fastest of the day but when I hit the uphill my legs ran out gas and got tired so shuffled on to the end and that was it.

Garmin battery ran out around 13 miles but had a 9:30 m/m for the first 12 miles at a lower than normal heart-rate...estimating total was 23.5 miles about 3.5 hours give or take. This is my longest totally barefoot run ever and longest pavement run ever.

One bike rider called me an idiot when he rode by and he was the only bike rider I saw without a helmet!

edit: Forgot to mention that this run should count for 2014 winter challenge as it was only +5 Celsius for this mornings run at 6 am.

You've only got to get under 5? I should be taking more notice of the temperatures - I've done a few of those so far this winter. Here I was thinking that all these winter challenge freaks were way out of my league, and they're really just a bunch of softies. :)

While I'm at it, I finished off the week last week with 8.1km barefoot on the beach. I've decided to ditch the shoes for a little bit, seeing as my knee flares up with shoes and is so far staying nice and quiet without them. 8km is my longest BF run to date, so that feels good.

There was a very strong wind at my back for the second quarter of the run, so I got to experience that feeling of flying for a km or two before turning back into the wind and being blasted back to reality.

Got a Garmin Swim watch. It's so awesome not to have to count laps anymore. 900m
I'm getting good enough with swimming that I started to check out what other people were doing in their lanes, while my face was underwater. Kind of nifty, like people watching while on an exercise machine, except underwater. One guy was trying to swim the whole length underwater on one breath!

I ran on the trails this evening - too late in the day. The sun was getting too low. I was on an unfamiliar trail. I started hearing "them". The wood-zombies -the kinds that only eat the brains of soul-less gingers. :nailbiting: This caused me to run at LEAST 2 of those miles at a sub 10 SPRINT!!! And, I mean...S.P.R.I.N.T! :confused: I think I ran like three miles total, not sure, didn't care. I am just glad I did not seriously trip on a root. It was interesting, because the 3 runners I encountered while on the trails -who I asked about directions- were all women in their mid to late forties! I love seeing that! When I got back to the car I was peeved that I had not had the "nice leisurely run" I would have had, if I had stayed on the Firelane, like I "should have" -so, I drove down to the city waterfront and ran around that (the Brewers Fest had just ended when I got there - damn). That was like 2.9 miles, very scenic and a lovely breeze. Then I went to the gym and did some upper body work -along with my reverse hyper-extensions. I just got done taking like 5 days completely off of the gym and -thanks to the TMTS lectures I have been getting here- decided that I need to take it easy and concentrate on form, over and above all else, with regard to weightlifting. :)

Great scenery Nick, I'm always a sucker for a good scenery shot.

What's the name of the waterfall? It looks very familiar to me for some reason, but I think the one I'm thinking of is in Canada, so I guess I'm barking up the wrong tree.

Howzabout fat and slow - is that a good excuse? :D

As for today, did a 30 minute abs class...I'm OK now, but methinks I'm a-gonna be hurtin' tomorrow...

I'll take it for now;) are you hurting?

6.7 miles tonight. 8:40 per mile pace. Not a great run to be honest. Over did it. Hurt my calf/Achilles on my right foot and left knee. Felt it about mile five but just kept going. Walked a little then really took it easy home. It's hurting bad now. Gonna have to take a little time off running until its better. Bad times.

That's a bummer, I hope all is feeling better.

Reactions: Darkand
I know how you feel. :(
I was depressed today because I seem to have really aggravated my knee weeding. I thought I was being careful enough, but alas. :sour:
Dear hubby says it is "normal" to overdo it right before a big event and tried to cheer my up by saying that I'll be fine for the triathlon. I decided to not do any formal exercise today. Tomorrow I will keep it to light gardening and swimming, then another rest day Sunday. I might try easy spin biking on Monday and see how it goes.

Sorry to hear that HBS I know how frustrating that is specially soo close to the event. when is it?
I think I would stick with the swimming only from here on or a least for a few days if I were you but that's just me.
I know your husband means well but please take it easy and be careful.

Reactions: NickW and Bare Lee
I'm sorry, that sucks :( It's hard to take easy while things heal. I've gotten up this morning a little sore. The temptation is to "test it out" stretch my Achilles and see how it feels. Must resist temptation to put full weight on!!
Hope you heal up in time for the Tri! Look forward to reading the race report! :)

STAY AWAY FROM THE ROAD!!!! AND THAT'S AN ORDER!!!:p

45 min of pabement running, at night, in my creepy town with my husband following me in his car, like a stalker, keeping me safe. It's too hot to run in the day. In fact I am skipping my 10k trail race tomorrow cuz of heat.

I was under the ipression that you were tougher than that Jen;)

Great 5 mile run a 5:00am 77 deg., 69%rh... New path today. Heard 2 different screech owls and saw a few rabbits. this is my last run for week 14 of training.
24 miles total.
Feet Good. Legs good.
Still working on running lite

You always have such fun runs:cool:

Reactions: Runlite01
Haha Dama slacking as always. Been around just not posting as much so yeah just slacking. Still running but mostly trails so no more barefoot runs...
That's fine if you don't run BF as long as long as you're hitting the roads/trails and having fun is all that matters I just hate it when my friends disapear from the forum. There! I said it:)

Reactions: Abide and Bare Lee
For Dama: 4 miles BF, 31:25 including 2 stops to clear rain gauges, I kept the clock rolling.

Nearly the same course, but the difference today, besides the motivation, was 3/4 inch of rain. Made the conditions run-able at a faster pace and also quite enjoyable as long as I did not look at my fields of rained on alfalfa.

42.5 miles for the week (14.5 BF)

Now, doesn't that makes you happier? nice weekly mileage btw. and pace, don't forget the pace.
Are you reading this pirate?:p

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test

Latest posts