Mileage Reporting 28th Week of 2013

127 hr? damn. i get that high walking uphill and am over 12m/m there.
I just wanted to do a longer run at my modified Maffetone pace (based on AHR not MHR)!
Taking it easy makes the most sense in high heat and humidity - though the heat was not a problem this morning.

I got just under 10 miles in this week. I'm still recovering from two successive stone bruises to the same place on my left heel. My new job has me on my feet almost all day which has probably slowed the recovery. I start out in VFFs, then finish barefoot. About 25% of this week's runs were barefoot. This morning's run was awesome!

Friday afternoon
Bicycle commute,
mid-body st -- mostly cable stuff,
then 1.7 mi 'recovery run' on the way to picking up my daughter at Discovery Club.

Ran 90 sec / mi faster than on my latest morning runs without thinking about it. I guess I just run slow in the mornings, but I'm still hoping I'll adapt after another week or two of morning running.

I ran with my new Garmin Forerunner 10. I bought a F205 about a year ago, and have no real problems with it, but I like the simplicity of the F10, the bigger display, the smaller size, and the fact that it seems to locate satellites much faster. It won't work for intervals though -- no lap button -- so I'll keep using my F205 for that. But I mostly just do out-n-backs and only keep track of my pace and distance when I'm done, so the F10 will probably become my go-to GPS watch on most runs.

I don't like the fact that the F10 doesn't interface with my Garmin Training Center program though. I have to use Garmin's web page to upload my data. Still, the web page is very well-organized (even tells you the temp during the run!), so despite the fact that the NSA can keep track of my running now, I guess I have no complaints.

Saturday morning
Slept in until 6:30, didn't have time for my long run because I had to meet with my mom's home nurse at 8am to learn how to do anti-blood clot injections in the evening. My mom used to be really active but now she just sits all day, and got a blood clot in her lower leg. Luckily my wife has training as a nurse so she gets to do the nightly injections.

Later it occurred to me I should've just gone on a quick 30-60-minute run before the nursing appointment, because the meeting took almost three hours and then there was no more time for any sort of run, short or long, as I had plans for a picnic with the wife and kids. I resigned myself to leisure, drank some wine, ate some delicious grilled sea bass, and played in the sand.

I think I need to take the new running program one step further and get rid of almost all preconceptions of what kind of run I'm going to do on any given day of the week. I think I may just focus on running every day and see what kind of rhythm emerges on its own. This afternoon I'll stop by the jhs track on my way home bike-commuting from my office and do some intervals and hills.

I think I need to take the new running program one step further and get rid of almost all preconceptions of what kind of run I'm going to do on any given day of the week. I think I may just focus on running every day and see what kind of rhythm emerges on its own.

That works for me :D

Reactions: Go Barefoot
That works for me :D
Yah, I was just thinking that the other day, that if I'm successful at running every day, or nearly everyday, first thing in the morning, I may become DNEChris. I already share your avoidance of races. I'm a bit frightened at the prospect of wearing a HR strap though . . .

Butt seriously, that's really the great thing about running first thing in the morning, for me; I don't have an exact time for starting work, but I do have a more or less exact time for picking up the kids at the end of the afternoon, so I'll have more freedom now to just wake up and see what kind of run I'm in the mood for. With the afternoon runs I was often running up against a time constraint, and so even on those days when you want to go long, it was impossible during weekdays.

I think I need to take the new running program one step further and get rid of almost all preconceptions of what kind of run I'm going to do on any given day of the week. I think I may just focus on running every day and see what kind of rhythm emerges on its own. This afternoon I'll stop by the jhs track on my way home bike-commuting from my office and do some intervals and hills.
Ya I seem to be gravitating towards this too. I have so many hills around here it's almost like everyday has hill training and so last week or so have just kind of been going out for a run and running how I feel (which seems to be at a faster pace).

, so despite the fact that the NSA can keep track of my running now, I guess I have no complaints.
Do you think it will make a difference about what work detail they assign us to when they send us all to re-education camps? :eek:

Hope your mom heals quickly.

Do you think it will make a difference about what work detail they assign us to when they send us all to re-education camps? :eek:
Stuff like that is scary. Wouldn't be the first time...
Japanese-American Internment
"Even Japanese-American veterans of World War I were forced to leave their homes."
"The interns knew that if they tried to flee, armed sentries who stood watch around the clock, would shoot them."

Stuff like that is scary. Wouldn't be the first time...
Japanese-American Internment
"Even Japanese-American veterans of World War I were forced to leave their homes."
"The interns knew that if they tried to flee, armed sentries who stood watch around the clock, would shoot them."
Yeah, I know. It was "dark humor" because sometimes it just helps to laugh.

Reactions: Bare Lee and Sid
Tuesday - 5.5miles trail run Tribble Mill park...great semi muddy conditions.

Thursday - 6.8miles flat park pavement Rabbit Hill park...Maff test plus a bit more.

Today - 15.2miles pavement Stone Mountain park...cloudy humid mid-70s, 3 laps+...started a forth lap but soon feets became sensitive... their way of telling me that was enough.

Oh forgot to mention that they also have one of the SR-71 Blackbirds there. This is the fastest production aircraft ever made and it also flies higher than any other too. It is pretty awesome to look at. Pretty amazing to think it was made in the early 1960's I think. It still looks modern.

Last year my kids' bday party was at the local aviation history museum; their cake had a gorgeous rendition of an SR71. Pretty. Fast. Cool.

friday: swim. usual hour. some walking.

saturday: at a retreat/family camp/outing at a big state park.
ran on the sandy/gravely, windy, wooded trails for a while (no idea??? under an hour but maybe close), sandals, and even then, sticks and stones, but not bad.
canoed, kayaked for a few hours in the afternoon. kinda felt like it was working my arms a bit?
got eaten alive by mosquitoes around the fire by the lake, but the smores made up for it

Yesterday planned on a nice run in the neighborhood BF and set my alarm for "early". Started out walking to the lake where I intended on running and once there started running and ran just one loop (1.2) miles before I got the call. What call you ask? The call from mother nature insisting that I head home immediately! Picture one of the clips from Looney tunes where Yosimite Sam is cussing up a storm. That what was going through my mind as I headed home. Yep once again it was the Chinese food from the night before. So I walked carefully back home and afterwards decided to skip the run as my wife and I had a shopping day planned in Lincoln, NE. Had fun shopping. I got some new Silver Nash jeans and we went to some organic grocery store and picked up a few items.

Today slept in but went for a run at Eagle Scout Park where I ran 5.5 mile in the VFF's while my wife and her friend walked 5 miles around the lake. Why did I not run BF you ask. Cuz it this spring after enjoying a nice 3 mile BF run there I got home and found glass in my foot that took me 3 days to get it all pulled out. Had a good run today though as the temps were in the low 70's with sky being nice and cloudy. Did end up walking 3.5 miles also. Had a guy come up to me after my running and tell me he thought I had the perfect form while I ran and wondered if I was using the Alexander method which I have no idea what he was talking about. I told him maybe it is because I normally always run barefoot.

After lunch today went to the local Merrell shoe distributor and ordered a pair of Barefoot Run Vapor Gloves. No I'm not giving up the BF running I'm planning on using these to wear to work instead of my tennis shoes (if I can get away with it!). Have been wanting to get away from shoes with a heel and want to start slowly (as they wear out) converting my shoes to minimalist pairs or zero drop shoes. Kinda anxious for them to come in. Anyone one have a pair of these and like them?

the interment camps, i've read are being built now to hold up to 50million "dissidents". it is some scary stuff.

ran 3.5m in the heat today. feet started getting hot so i just called it in instead of going for more.

Reactions: happysongbird

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test