Mileage Reporting 28th Week of 2013

I have had blisters from laces often enough that there is getting to be decent enough scar tissue that I hardly notice when they start to rub.

Reactions: Go Barefoot
Oh! The B-17 ride was amazing. It was great to see what it was like to actually fly on one of these old WWII bombers. If given the opportunity to do it again I would. Would like get a ride in the B-24 Liberator sometime. They let us walk around to the different gunner positions while in flight and stand behind the pilots and watch them fly the plane. If your interested in vintage/WWII aircraft I highly recommend taking one of these flights. Its well worth it!
I'm soooooo jealous! We have an old aviation museum here which is pretty awesome, but I don't think they do any flights for people. They have the old spruce goose and a ton of old fighter aircraft. Neat place if your into your history stuff. My son is almost old enough to enjoy going there. I can't wait. It's been a few years since my daughter wanted to go there.

This week completes my 4th consecutive week of doing one, 10 mile trail runs per week. Each of those weeks I also did one to two, 5 mile runs, as well as a minimum of 3 hours of weightlifting. My body is the strongest it has ever been because my mind and heart are also the strongest they have ever been.

Oh forgot to mention that they also have one of the SR-71 Blackbirds there. This is the fastest production aircraft ever made and it also flies higher than any other too. It is pretty awesome to look at. Pretty amazing to think it was made in the early 1960's I think. It still looks modern.

This week completes my 4th consecutive week of doing one, 10 mile trail runs per week. Each of those weeks I also did one to two, 5 mile runs, as well as a minimum of 3 hours of weightlifting. My body is the strongest it has ever been because my mind and heart are also the strongest they have ever been.

That is great Jen there is nothing like filling healthy all over
thumbs_up_bciy.jpg

Today I did ST of shoulders, back, legs, and abs and then went out and did my run. I ran 5.64 miles in the monos and even though I had just done a leg workout in the gym I was able to cruise along at an average pace of 10:10. I took a new route to me and had no idea how long it was going to be so was a little nervous. The last mile and a half was all uphill, although it was a minor hill (which pushing a stroller up any hill makes life much more difficult). Felt absolutely amazing and the splits were 10:37, 10:21, 9:35, 9:44, 10:40 and then I don't know what the last little .64 miles was at but I don't think it was too terribly slow.

On this run I figured out when the monos bother me and give me blisters. I have zero problems going down hills or on flats, it's on the uphills where you have to dig in just a little that I have problems. I sure hope I can adapt to this as my blister from the other day on the ball of my foot is now double in size thanks to that final hill. I live on a hill and no matter what direction I go I have a hill, either down or up and what goes down must eventually come back up.

Oh and today I am down about 10lbs!!! Now only 20ish to go.

Ran 8 miles at 4:30, 81 deg, 79% rh, another great run! saw some rabbits, heard 4 different owls and the rooster crow. I had to change up my training schedule because I have to work both days this weekend (I work so I can keep running). this was my last run of the week. this is the end of training week 12. total 21 miles.
Feet Good. Legs Good.

Slow 10.3km (about 6.5mi), weather was really nice, at about 9C, I am getting used to it...

Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to go for a longer run (around 16km/10mi)

It is now a month before the City2Surf race (going from Sydney CBD to Bondi Beach), and I will be running it barefoot (my first official race b/f) !!! Race is about 14km, but I think the biggest difficulty will be the huge crowd (about 80'000)

I'm soooooo jealous! We have an old aviation museum here which is pretty awesome, but I don't think they do any flights for people. They have the old spruce goose and a ton of old fighter aircraft. Neat place if your into your history stuff. My son is almost old enough to enjoy going there. I can't wait. It's been a few years since my daughter wanted to go there.

What is the name of the aviation museum? The SR71 STILL is an amazing plane! I have never seen a real one only on TV or pictures.

Reactions: Spiderweb62
16.5 today. The plan was a long pavement run at altitude. I was in the mountains, but a foggy morning changed my mind. Just a little too risky on the road. I traveled down the canyon and found a nice side canyon where I have run a half marathon before. Started out barefoot, new baby butt smooth pavement (rare in Utah), but that didn't last long, the road changed to the roughest chip seal I have run on, so on went the sandals. Found a nice side hike up a steep hill with a nice overlook of some red rock formations. The sandals performed well on a very technical trail. Got back to the rough pavement and continued up the road to a nice reservoir. The middle section was about 4 miles of gravel. Back down the canyon and enjoyed the last stretch barefoot. Cloudy and cool, even had a little drizzle. Perfect running conditions. I'm guessing about 5000 ft. elevation change, overall pace was 13 mm.

no. i'd be Ross or Ted. who'd be my Barney?

did 7m on the trail. carried water for the dogs this time. set it down where we could loop after a downhill. made it down and my dog wasn't there. me and the wiener dog went back uphill looking for my dog and he was just sitting in the middle of trail waiting. lucky no one else went by. gave him some water and we made our way back to the car.

oh, tried talking to some beautiful women and the dogs would run away, snip at, and just wouldn't let the women touch them. they're horrible wing men. damn, i do need a Barney in real life. no good wing men around me.

1.5 miles this morning. Left foot feeling a little better each day, recovery seem to be going better than I thought. I was even thinking of running in a 10k run this weekend that I had signed up for a couple of months ago. But I am acting responsibly and not going too :(. Yesterday was a day of chasing a golf ball all over a golf course in the rain so I guess that counts as a 4 mile walk.. That felt awesome walking in wet grass and muddy places. Lot of stretching and using a hard rolling stick to work out knots that I seem to keep finding. :)

Yesterday: swam 45 minutes, lots of walking

This morning: 12 miles on road bike, then 4.3 miles S2G. I was approaching it like a recovery workout, because the rest of the week has been kind of intense, but still I was rather dreading it. But the taking it easy went well. It felt good and I feel better now than I would have if I did not do it.

I do have a lot of yard work/digging to do today, but will try to be careful of the legs. Have even been able to use the shovel barefoot lately though. Kind of fun. Does that make me a tough grannie?:D

Also, Thursday's 8 miles left one knee feeling pounded, so I was worried about it. I felt it a bit during my run today, but now it feels better than before I went. I am learning that when I need to do a form/recovery run, it really helps to make sure there is a fair amount of rough pavement in the course. That was the case today. So, it was an encouraging mix of healing and still going somewhat fast on rough pavement than I have in the past. :barefoot:

127 hr? damn. i get that high walking uphill and am over 12m/m there.