Mileage reporting 25th week 2014

Today, 13km/8.1mi, with my weekly intervals of 7 x 1min HR above 90% of maxHR. Weather is really nice and sunny today, a very respectable 18C/64F.

Tomorrow I'll be up at 5am to watch the Swiss beat our neighbours (France) in the Soccer world cup...:D

7km around the streets this morning for me. Mostly concrete footpaths, with the occasional ouchy gravel driveway or chilly grassy section. Started in darkness at 6:30AM, and had my first "was that poop?" moment of the year. Still don't know the answer to that one, so I'm just going to tell myself it was mud and move on. Later on I almost got hit by a bird, which was funny. I was running beside a fence that was just under head high, and a little black bird came swooping over the fence and almost hit me square in the side of the head. I felt the wind from his wings as he flew past. I guess he was as surprised as I was to see another creature up and about at that time of the morning.

Sweet 8 mile run at 4:45 am. 77deg. f., 79 % Rh. good breeze.
I saw a few rabbits and heard 2 roosters crow.
Still really enjoying running barefoot!

60 minutes on the spin bike in the morning, about 1.5 hours barefoot grocery shopping, a couple hours of other deep cleaning work that included a lot of upper body and lifting, then 20 minute swim in two 10 minute segments, after which I worked my arms some more brush cleaning the pool vinyl

5 miles today at an 11:56 mm pace average...thats the first time I've broke the 12:00 mm pace on a run over 5k since I started running again...:)

I'm getting a little faster slowly but surely, and having a lot of fun :) :) :)

Was dark out by the time I was finishing, and I banged the ball of my foot pretty good on an uneven section of sidewalk...glad my toes were lifted or that could have been disastrous...will probably be feeling that tomorrow lol

YTD miles: 197.2

1/2 mile barefoot, backwards walking on treadmill, upper body weights to attempted high-rep failure. Made it to 48 on the pull-downs - 12 more than 2 days ago. 12 on the chin-ups, and only 3 on the wide chin-ups, which is weird cuz I could do 6 last time. Some walking lunges and stationary one legged squat-like lunges. Then I took my herbal anti-inflammatories, not thinking, so that was basically a semi-wasted work out. Oh well. I was SHOCKED that I had almost zero abnormal pain after Wednesday's high rep weight session, which was the first time I ever tried to go for reps - I really am built for endurance. And my new all-time favorite exercise, side-ups? Like push-ups, but you are doing them sideways. They are amazing! Super modified for now. Oh, and some arch/calf work.

Today is a much needed rest day.

I'll just do some form drills and some stretching...maybe a light upper body workout, and some conditioning of the feet on some hot asphalt out front.

A lot of trail running planned for this weekend.

Surprisingly my foot is okay today from banging it on a raised section of sidewalk yesterday :)

Have a great weekend everyone!!!

12.1 mile long run today, 10.4 of it was barefoot. I seem to have finally corrected the form issue that would often cause me to lose skin off the left pinky toe, as there is no sign of damage after today's miles. The last time I had run more than 8 miles barefoot back in January I lost some flesh off the pinky toe.

Can't say if I know of any particular reason why it's not happening anymore. It might just be all the practice that I've been doing running and my form continues to gradually improve as the body figures things out.

12.1 mile long run today, 10.4 of it was barefoot. I seem to have finally corrected the form issue that would often cause me to lose skin off the left pinky toe, as there is no sign of damage after today's miles. The last time I had run more than 8 miles barefoot back in January I lost some flesh off the pinky toe.

Can't say if I know of any particular reason why it's not happening anymore. It might just be all the practice that I've been doing running and my form continues to gradually improve as the body figures things out.
Great job Scratch!

Friday - 2.2 miles, barefooted, mostly rough and hill, except for .3 miles on velvet asphalt. Lots of time on my feet with chores. Swam a straight 25 minutes later in the day.

Saturday - 5 miles on my lovely pond loop. Splits as follows:

3 miles x 9:45 mm pace

husband showed up after his tennis game to harass me about mile 2.6, played mind games with me, stayed one step ahead
mile 4 was 9:30 mm pace

then he took off on a side route that was longer than the path, thus challenging me to get to the next cross point before he did. Which I did, thank you very much. And it got me going on an exhilarating, but not too stressful last mile to the tune of

8:15 mm pace - I'm pretty happy with that.

Will be having a lot of time of my feet working today to get the house and yard ready for a bunch of visitors for dinner.

10.5 fun miles on a spectacularly gorgeous morning. 3 with a couple of new(ish) runners at 12:30 pace the rest solo at a mixture of paces.

It was a great deal more enjoyable than my Wednesday evening run with 5500 others on a twisting, pedestrian crowded, 30 foot wide, 3 mile course through the Financial District in NYC. That felt like micro-fartleks with no chance to find a rhythm :wtf:

Friday - 2.2 miles, barefooted, mostly rough and hill, except for .3 miles on velvet asphalt. Lots of time on my feet with chores. Swam a straight 25 minutes later in the day.

Saturday - 5 miles on my lovely pond loop. Splits as follows:

3 miles x 9:45 mm pace

husband showed up after his tennis game to harass me about mile 2.6, played mind games with me, stayed one step ahead
mile 4 was 9:30 mm pace

then he took off on a side route that was longer than the path, thus challenging me to get to the next cross point before he did. Which I did, thank you very much. And it got me going on an exhilarating, but not too stressful last mile to the tune of

8:15 mm pace - I'm pretty happy with that.

Will be having a lot of time of my feet working today to get the house and yard ready for a bunch of visitors for dinner.

Thats kick àss HSB!

Reactions: happysongbird
8.62 miles today..bout 13.8 km....12:03mm average pace.

My runs seem to be falling into a pattern:

1st mile: OK

2nd mile: Body Protests, calves tight and hot, especially lower calves.

3rd mile: Settled in but not comfortable

4th mile: calves start loosening up

5th mile: Hips and knees feel like they are opening up, feel like a running god.

Remaining miles, feel like I can go all day cardiovascularly.

The only reason I stopped running at eight and a half miles today was because the sole of my feet were getting warm, and the connective tissue was starting to protest just a bit...didn't want to go too much further and get a stress injury, so I ran about another mile slow and easy, focussing on form and rapped up for the day.

I feel really great...big time runners high :) :) :)

YTD miles: 205.82

WOOT! Broke 200 miles :)

16.1km/10mi today, as usual, tried to keep my HR low, so I did not look too much at my pace. Again a wonderful Sydney morning with about 18C.

I thought I'd be ready to go running 4 times a week, but I am not...My feet are too sensitive, and need some rest in between runs. I still manage to get about 43km/26.7mi this week, which is what I hope I can keep doing

5k run today, ran with my daughter and 2 dogs. It was a fund raiser for our local spca. After the run there was a 3k walk which I also participated in as my SO and other daughter decided to do the walk (the only 2 in my family out of 7 that do not run). Not sure about time as the event said said timing chip on bib but when I checked in it was "D" tags, no way of attaching as my road id ankle strap was at home. Ran slow as my daughter had not run in 4 weeks, she figured playing soccer would give her enough base, she found out that was not the case. On Friday it was a 4 mile walk on the golf course. I found out that my soles which are worn smooth from running on pavement do not provide much traction when walking down the side of a wet and somewhat muddy hill. Yup, wound up having to do laundry when I got home as I wound up on my butt a few times in the mud, and it had nothing to do with my carb loading (beer) as I was golfing. :D