Milage Reporting 23rd Week of 2013

When I was running yesterday there was this dumb squirrel that was running on the path just a couple of feet in front of me and he was NOT keeping a steady pace! So irritating. True story. (I can't find a squirrel smiley...)

So glad it(squirrel) was a he and not a she:)

Dama,

It would be in your best interest to get a couple of professional massages done on your back. It will help calm down your central nervous system and keep it from "re-living" recent past, back trauma. The nervous system kind of has a "memory" so-to-speak, like muscles do.

Jen, I've done the massage thingy before and it does work(for an hr maybe two) having two broken vertebrates is not really so much I can do what I found is that PT helps me much more than anything else so that's what I am sticking with. Thanks

So glad it(squirrel) was a he and not a she:)

Jen, I've done the massage thingy before and it does work(for an hr maybe two) having two broken vertebrates is not really so much I can do what I found is that PT helps me much more than anything else so that's what I am sticking with. Thanks

Ya, massage does not last that long for certain problems. I was meaning more along the lines of, for soothing the nervous system after an acute incident -like catching that lady when she was falling. I spent 10 years in chronic back pain and when I finally escaped (mostly) from it, I found that the slightest affront to my body -like lightly stubbing my toe- would send my pain systems into overload because they were already so hypersensitive. It took a long time for my nervous system to calm down and start reacting to pain stimulus in a proportionate way, rather than in an exaggerated way. To this day, any acute incident I have, even moderate - I do massage on so that my nervous system stays calm and does not resort to the "good old days" of freaking the hell out at the slightest touch. :)

Nice and easy 1 mile on the treadmill in my lunas today at a 12:30 pace. I really wanted to run more but I figure this is my first week running 14 miles in a long long time so I better just play it safe. My legs felt absolutely amazing though and I hope to keep all this training going smoothly this time so I can keep the weight loss going as diet alone does not work for me in losing weight, I also need the exercise. I think this has a lot to do with me being a very sedentary stay at home father. I also did ST of back, legs, and abs. I seem to be finding that if I do a small amount of abs each gym workout my back feels better than if I do a major abs workout one day a week.

lite run yesterday with some sprints thrown in. bike ride today for a little bit followed by heavy bag workout and run to cool down. more of a jog and walk around the block for my legs and the dogs. too hot for them to go far.

friday:
swim one hr, more intense than usual.
bike 10 mi, leisurely
walk 1.5 while the boy biked around the neighborhood
may walk again tonight. pretty evenings lately.

thurs:
11-12 mi bike am
gym 1hr and say 20 min or so, elliptical, 0.1 intervals on track, abs in between
walking walking walking, leisurely, different times, a mile or two here and there but not quite everywhere.

no bf of anything lately. skin not only sensitive (heel cracks, dry, thin); i've also got some sort of poison ivy, bug bites, allergic reactions, and scratches. feet, hands, elbows (?), legs (from brushing against tall grass on a hike). this is my formal registry of complaint, since the too hot pavement days are coming, and the cold wet days are gone, so these days lately are the perrrfect ones for never wearing shoes. grrrrrr
otoh, i look like an official summer tomboy; legs all torn up, farmers tan.

No, I'm not dead, so just stop it.

Started a new [temp] job a few weeks back and have been trying to readjust my routine. Started running in the Berkeley Hills (Tilden Park for anyone nearby, admittedly shod 'coz thems some treacherous trails)) as well as running at lunch (S2G) - 'course, I went out last Monday and tweaked my left calf after about a mile or so. Per my boss' suggestion, I got some compression sleeves, which seem to be helping with recovery so I should be back on the road by this weekend, if not then Monday.

So, there :matey:

I

Started a new [temp] job a few weeks back and have been trying to readjust my routine. Started running in the Berkeley Hills (Tilden Park for anyone nearby, admittedly shod 'coz thems some treacherous trails)) as well as running at lunch (S2G) - 'course, I went out last Monday and tweaked my left calf after about a mile or so. Per my boss' suggestion, I got some compression sleeves, which seem to be helping with recovery so I should be back on the road by this weekend, if not then Monday.

was wondering where you were!

I was more thinking you were the undead. Zombies are trendy, we know how you love to be trendy, therefore, ergo, hence....

I was more thinking you were the undead. Zombies are trendy, we know how you love to be trendy, therefore, ergo, hence....

Heretofore, e pluribus unum notwithstanding, lorem ipsum ex post facto....

Yes, you pegged me: I'm Mr. Trend. I'll try anything new, so long as everyone else is trying it (ouch - too close to the bone on that one). I must See and Be Seen at all times. I love the nightlife, I've got to boogie on the disco 'round...

But this does beg the question: Pirate Zombies? Or, better still? Pirate Zombie Vampire Dinosaurs?

All I ask is that society never devolves to where Mimes or Clowns become the "thing"...if that happened, I'd have to cut off my head and put it in a bucket...

Took the week off from running. I did something wonky to my ankle. May have twisted it a bit negotiating driveways when I was running on the sidewalk (looking for a smoother place to run) last week. Wife (TDW) and I took a 21+ mile bike ride this morning--with a 956' elevation gain. Now entering couch potato mode.

Lovely 14.5 mile road biking with my 2 youngest daughters. Accidentally merged with 2 different races. I have this problem that if someone is just a little bit ahead of me, I have to pass them, so it was a fast section of the ride. :) Then, within 15 minutes later was running (S2G) 3 miles with my 6 week post-should surgery hubby who is a machine. He coached me (while running just ahead of me some to "inspire" me) to run faster and faster so that I ended up with times: 8:20, 7:55, 7:46! whoa! Now to do a bunch of final clean up for the wedding reception here tomorrow. Hope I get a chance to just dip in the pool, too!

One hour and 15 minutes today. I thought this route was longer than it turned out to be. No idea of distance but I was looking for a run of about a hour and 30 minutes. Still good though as this was a good run body wise. Felt my right hip tightening up 3/4 of the way through run, shortened my stride and everything was good again. Maybe I will go 1 hour tomorrow morning and 1 hour tomorrow afternoon to put in more time so I will have more confidence about doing the 1/2 mary next weekend.

Just ran 3.5ish, on pavement, but I zig-zagged! It was amazing! The zig-zagging makes a HUGE difference! Works out my hips and butt and knees and ankles so much more than just straight running!