Ireland, Ballinrobe/Mayo - Back 2 Barefoot Ballinrobe 5K/10K

Barefoot TJ

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 5, 2010
DATE: Sunday, March 11, 2012

TIME: 12 p.m. (noon)

PLACE: Glebe Street , Ballinrobe, Co. Mayo, Ireland , Co.

HPT is proud to announce that it is organising the first ‘barefoot’ road race in Ireland!

The 5km and 10km event will be held in Ballinrobe on Sunday, 11th March. A great chance for beginners to test their fitness levels in the 5km event, or those aspiring to do a half marathon to add to their training with a 10km time trial.

It starts at 12pm and entry fee includes a technical t-shirt and refreshments.

Or why not bring the children or the dog and make a family day of it!

Prizes will be given to barefoot runners or those in minimalist footwear like Vibram Fivefingers (VFFs) and the first runners in ‘traditional’ footwear.

Walkers are most welcome as are those wanting to try a pair of VFFs on for the first time to see what its like to exercise barefoot!

There will be water along the routes, post race refreshments and technical t-shirts for all particpants.

If you have any queries or would like help with a training programme or accommodation for the weekend, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

I look forward to seeing you there!

Enter online at www.runireland.com or at www.barefoot.ie (Shop)

Check out Hartnett Physical Therapy Facebook page for regular updates…

LocationHartnett Physical TherapyGlebe StreetBallinrobe, MY

Some interesting translation errors for the quote and apostrophe marks. Also, I hardly need to bother to point out the line about "trying on VFFs to see what it feels like to excercise BF."
That aside, Mayo is my ancestral homelande and I'd love to go over to the old sod to run a bit someday. I'll bet there are some fine trails to explore.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts