Fairfield Half Marathon - June 2015

Fairfield Half Marathon – 2015
By Barefoot Gentile

Well here it is the Fairfield half marathon, the most consistent post on this blog. This was my 8th half marathon, all barefoot except for the first one.

Let’s start with training, or lack of. The formula stayed the same, running 3 times a week with the long run on the weekend, it’s how I run normally. I just like to plan out the long runs accordingly, I can easily to do that without a plan. I was averaging about 15 miles per week, for 12 weeks, not much. I got in two 10 milers as well.

It poured all night before but luckily the rain held off for the race, the temperature was much lower than previous years. Usually it would be 80 degrees at the 8:15AM start, this year it was about 60 degrees and overcast, actually perfect running weather.

I started the race at an 8:00 MP pace, way too fast. I never even came close to running an 8:00 MP pace during training but felt pretty good so I kept that going for about 3 miles, then scaled back to 8:20, my goal was to keep a consistent 8:30 pace. By mile 9 the fatigue started to set in, nothing drastic but to a point where to increase the pace was a no go. The adrenaline always gets the best of me in the beginning. I would rather increase the pace towards the end, than start fast in the beginning. Came in at 1:51. Fun times!

My name is Adam Gentile I live in Fairfield, CT. I have always lived an active lifestyle, I took my first barefoot run on Sept. 15th 2009, and never looked back. I started running barefoot out of pure curiosity and I loved everything about it...
View all 8 featured items
Looks like spam to me ^^^. What do you guys think? Sent a warning to the poster.

Way to go Adam! and a respectable time no less! Nice pics!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmeiners11

Latest posts