Definitive Gross Picture Thread

yeah, been pulling lots of

yeah, been pulling lots of "eido" hair out (our dog)....but it's all sterile, keeping it clean LOL...I noticed at mile 5.5 that I was cut....I decided to NOT look at how bad, as I still had all functionality :).

oh, yeah, TJ...the details

oh, yeah, TJ...the details are in my race report on my blog....I put the link it in a forum thread here too, called "race reports" because I coudln't find the older thread (I thought there was one) for such info.

I saw it.  I'm hoping I will

I saw it. I'm hoping I will have some time to read it later. I think we put all the race reports in the Races & Events forum.

ahh...ok...I'll delete the

ahh...ok...I'll delete the thread and place the link there...

Don't delete it, if you

Don't delete it, if you haven't already; I can move it in two mouse clicks.

LOL...too late ....I put a

LOL...too late :)....I put a new one in the right place.

Did it have many replies?

Did it have many replies?

Holy crap, Nate! Those pics

Holy crap, Nate! Those pics are so gross. Will your feet ever be the same?

I'm pretty sure they will be

I'm pretty sure they will be more awesome Zap :)....it's only skin, skin grows back :)...I don't know if scar tissue will really have a chance to grow on the balls of my foot, as there will be so much use...we'll see ;-)...but think about it, I'm sure you scraped up a forearm or elbow, or knee, or some other such thing in your life, and you're no worse for it now :). I'll take more pictures tomorrow, one week post injury :).

Oooooh!  Looking forward to

Oooooh! Looking forward to it!

And thank you for not

And thank you for not cleaning the blood away first before taking the picture! Geez! Teasing. ;-)

Looks like you could use a Sponge Bob Square Pants band-aid.

as promised....one week post

as promised....one week post injury....still can't walk

223451_2011852816541_1250394823_32460727_5698601_n.jpg

221709_2011852896543_1250394823_32460728_8143537_n.jpg

At the same time, my mind

At the same time, my mind races from "OMFG, that's horrible" to "Take the most expensive running shoes technology can build and money can buy, light them on fire, abrade them to shreds and drag on a dirt road for 20 miles... and then ask them to regenerate themselves into practically-new condition within a matter of weeks."

What amazing machines we are. Continued luck with your recovery, dude.

LOL....just the lighting...I

LOL....just the lighting...I used my PC cam instead of my normal camera LOL....and the "wetness" is ointment to keep things moist...last thing I want (wasn't too diligent last night, and suffered today for it) is really tight hard scabs on the bottom of my feet....don't worry, I let them get dry regularly too...then re-apply ointment. AND I agree, are bodies are WONDERFUL machines...i will rebuild stronger and tougher!!!! :-D

Hey Nate,Having lived more

Hey Nate,

Having lived more than half of my life in the tropics I have seen more than my share of infection, gore and healing processes. I can tell you without a doubt that the optimal conditions for healing are keeping it extremely clean and moist. "Letting it dry out" is not speeding your healing contrary to what most people think. The antibiotic cream is good and I would keep it loosely wrapped with gauze to keep it from drying out and to keep stuff from getting into it. You probably know too that now is a good time to stay away from sugar.

Good luck and speedy recovery!

And Gkikas, good point.

Yeah I know Josh, thanks

Yeah :) I know Josh, thanks though! I appreciate it...My wife is an RN, BSN with 30 years of experience....I dislike keeping it wrapped (since I never wear shoes or socks), but I do when I have to "go out"....but here at home, I keep it clean, and keep it moist....just got lazy last night, and paid for it today...most pain I've had since about tuesday....I'm also making sure I move (or at least try to) my toes and streach my feet often to keep anything from "adhearing"....that's only tolerable if it's moist ;-). My ass is getting tired from scooting around on it though...hoping I'll be able to stand properly in another few days.

Good, glad to know you are in

Good, glad to know you are in experienced hands. I guess you'll have to apply the iron-body stuff you have learned in martial arts to your butt. :bigsmile:

yeah, it seems I've forgotten

yeah, it seems I've forgotten to toughen up my rear for sitting...I'll have to begin to impliment some ass-kicking into our iron body curriculum for just this kind of thing!!! I am really happy that we do lots of dips though...I get around by crab walking (I can put pressure on my heels) and doing "dips" to get up and down from chairs and the toilet....I think this week I'm going to have to do some curls to make sure I stay balanced LOL!!!