Critique my form please

This is the first of three videos I will have. B&A, you wanted to analyze my form so here you go. I recorded all three vids with me pushing the stroller because that's how I always run so, it would be out of the ordinary if I did it without. I will add the other two after my buddy gets them to me later today. Thanks all and sorry for the shakiness and quality of the video, seems youtube distorts the image some.

Reactions: Sid
if you have a bike put your friend on it. may help with the shakiness.

Lol! Ya I know. He was bad on that video. I had no idea he was recording. The other two videos were done at the same time on different devices while he was standing there.

Nick,

Also, can you check the video viewing settings on you tube and make sure the video is accessible publicly. I am trying to download so I can view it in frame by frame but for some reason it it won't show up in the download program.

Nick,

After a quick look. I do think you could reduce the load on your lower legs and feet via technique adjusts. What I see is you landing with your weight over the front of the heel rather than with pressure over the forefoot. Also you are allowing your trail leg to stay on the ground and thus attempting to leverage your body over and off your foot rather than release your weight and lift your foot and lower leg. I would still like to see standing and walking vids. Will add more when time permits.

Nick,

After a quick look. I do think you could reduce the load on your lower legs and feet via technique adjusts. What I see is you landing with your weight over the front of the heel rather than with pressure over the forefoot. Also you are allowing your trail leg to stay on the ground and thus attempting to leverage your body over and off your foot rather than release your weight and lift your foot and lower leg. I would still like to see standing and walking vids. Will add more when time permits.
Are you saying I am landing on my heels? I certainly FEEL my forefoot striking first, but maybe my heel is numb or something??? I'm also not pushing off if that's what you mean. Sometimes I can be a little slow understanding so please bear with me if I misunderstand you at first.

Nick,

Indeed the video exhibit indicates that you do have some landing on the heel. I will post some some specific pics when I can but bear with me because it is a busy weekend. As for pushing off.....I would not describe what you are doing as excessive push up/push off. I would describe it as holding on to your support muscles to long after your center has past your foot. To reduce the work load on the plantar. You could run with your center more over the forefoot during the initial time of body landing and also respond sooner with recovering your trail leg/foot. The end result of having you body have the least amount of muscle activation/stress to get thru the landing time. Is that more clear?

So higher cadence is basically what you all are saying? I can tell you right now that I can't sustain a higher cadence. It hurts and I will be completely spent in a half mile. As far as flat footed I was very confident I was... Maybe somethings wrong with my feet sensors because I was sure feel my forefoot touch briefly before my heel... Guess I need to really figure out what the hell I'm doing... :confused: