Chabochi Tarahumara Sandals

Had a great 5K run in the sun around Newport Wetlands in my Chabochi Tarahumara Sandals this morning! They really do make you feel like you could run for miles! :)

image2.png

The terrain was a mixture of gravel, mud and grass, but I didn't have any problems with the grip of the tyre wall soles.

image1.png

image4.png

The sandals come with soft and hard straps. I used the soft ones, which pleasingly stayed tied and tight all the way around. A few bits of gravel got in between my foot and the insole as you'd expect, but there was practically no movement of the sandal on my foot, which I've had great problems with in the past with other sandals.

image3.png

The flat soles did make quite a loud slapping sound on the concrete path at the start of my run, but I soon learned that this disappeared when I ran with proper form and landed lighter and pulled off quicker.

There wasn't any deep mud or large puddles, but I was pleasantly surprised how little mud and water got onto the top surface of the soles.

image5.png

These sandals really do have a feelgood factor - particularly when you know that a portion of the profit from every pair purchased from Chabochi goes to the Tarahumara craftsman that made them. (I am told it was Daniel that made mine.)

These are definitely going to be my go-to footwear for the weekend from now on, both for running and casual when I need to wear shoes. In fact I'm going to need another pair, so that I will always have some clean ones!

Paul

Hi Paul,
did you also try out other strapping methods? (and finally opted for the one shown in the pics as the most comfortable/secure? )
what kind of material are the soft versus hard straps made of?
thanks!

Hi Paul,
did you also try out other strapping methods? (and finally opted for the one shown in the pics as the most comfortable/secure? )
what kind of material are the soft versus hard straps made of?
thanks!

Hi Hobbit,

No, I just followed the video on the Chabochi website. It seems to work great. There is a bit you can miss if you're not careful that the strap needs to go once under the heel strap before tying off.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422191712.115341.jpg

Both sets of straps are leather. The soft ones have a 'fluffy' underside.

Reactions: Hobbit