Barefoot Winter Challenge - 2011

What type of comments would you like.

It was fun, but I was the one with frostbite (rookie). Lesson learned. I'll be better prepared next year.
I may have gotten mildly frostbitten on my -13°C run. No discoloration, but the tips of all my toes were painfully tingly for the rest of the day afterward and I had some blister-like peeling of the skin on the tips of several (5? 6? don't remember now...) of the smaller toes about a week later.

damn this little game of ours and its effect on my desire to log cold runs vs my desire to not destroy the soles of my feet!
+1
It was a great game, but I'm not so sure how I feel about a repeat next year. The weather in Germany isn't terrible enough to make winter barefooting (as defined by this group) necessary most of the time, and that only makes acclimating all the more difficult. Plus the fact that catching myself heading out early in the day when the temps were still low enough to "count" rather than heading out when things had warmed up a bit and it would have been much more comfortable is just a little sick, no?

Nevertheless, thanks for all the work, YOW!! I may not be sure if I'll do it again, but I sure am glad I did it once! :)

Winter refuses to leave Utah. Every night in April has been close to freezing. 5 inches of snow today (April 14th). I shoveled my porch barefoot and then decided to try a run in the snow. I made it 100 yards. Something to work on next fall for sure.

Chelsea - sorry to hear about your feet. Good to hear it was mild, but I am sure it was still painful. I remember your advice about cold mud at the start of the challenge. Good advice. I found a cold patch of mud and it sapped the warm out of my toes fast. I stopped and wiped them off or I would have been in trouble.