A day without shoes event April 5, 2011

Very cool!  How about no one

Very cool! How about no one purchases shoes on April 5 either? ;-)

I saw some girl pushing this

I saw some girl pushing this company on you tube recently. It's more of a marketing gimmick it looks like. Interesting that they are encouraging folks to take shoes off to spread awareness for others in another country to put shoes on their feet. On a side not the toms shoes look like they have a porrly designed toe box. Just to mention one thing for now. Not looking like any sort of minimal shoe in my mind. Just a norm for profit company reaching out to children in need. That will one day have deformed toes due to a shoe with a bad toe box. Maybe a small price to pay considering what other ailiments the children could have.....

I did not realize folks around here push non minalmilist shoes. The message is a bit confusing by the company. I would say foot health in another third world country is do to lack of social services, education, food shortages, etc. The company seems to push that these childrens feet are unhealthy due to lack of shoes. I find this hard to believe. If having shoes off your feet is unhealthy why would you ask a bunch of Americans to do it, and do it proudly ? It appears to be more of a marketing gimmick more then anything to my eyes.....None the less I'll have my shoes of on April 5 so count me in I guess, but lets identify the root of unhealthy foot health for these kids. Not deploy a marketing tool to sell more shoes......Am I being to harsh ?