117th YMCA Turkey Trot

In Buffalo, NY - looks like I'm doing this 8k race Nov 22. Redid my t shirt for this race- front
uploadfromtaptalk1353358519257.jpg

And back
uploadfromtaptalk1353358572120.jpg

The weather is supposed to be good- sunshine and over 40F.

I plan on being my good old slow and sure self. Besides my busted little toe still bothers a bit

Love the tee shirt! Have fun!

Excellent! Good showing!

Nice run Parker. Great shirt. I have run Buffalo the last 6 years. Last year I ran BF and saw one other BF runner. This year I decided to do The Race With Grace in Rochester. There were around 1100 runners, but I did not see any other BF. The temperature was 40 degrees at the start and sunny. Perfect weather.
The Buffalo YMCA Turkey Trot is the countries oldest race, one year older than Boston. Lots of fun and post race food and beer.:)

Not happy with the timing on this race - official was 1:10:28 They said the elite runners start at the gun - everyone else by the chip. My phone may not tell the distance with 100% accuracy but the time is right on. I started it as I passed the beginning and stopped it a bit past the finish. They used the gun as the start for everyone. I was a little more than half way back in the pack and 75 yds from the start, the clock was over 7 minutes. I'm standing by my time. Of course my standing was right...waaay back :)

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test

Latest posts