Barefoot Runners Society
Why Minimalism Went Flat - Part II
Form Vs. Running Shoes
Part Two, by Jim Hixson, CSCS
Minimalism isn’t going away. Too many runners have discovered for the first time what it’s like to run injury-free. They have awakened to the joy of a midfoot strike instead of heels hitting first, something that conventional running shoes with stiff, outsized crash pads pretty much guaranteed. But in the macro sense of things, minimalist runners make up a rather small percentage of all runners. Some estimates put the number around 10 percent, which means that the other 90 percent are still hooked on traditional shoes or are currently in thrall with maximalist footwear.
In part one, “Why Minimalism Went...
barefoot . . . re-thought
Barefoot – has forgotten who “IT” is, [forgotten] how to appreciate the simplicity of why many initially returned to a natural walking/running of feet bare. Barefoot has/is getting lost in the sterilized text of “How To” books or “Training” books and the ever-present “Guide” books. Barefoot is becoming lost in an endless banter of logged-miles and timed-speed.
In a weird twist of reality, barefoot is trying to BE, what IT seeks to escape from [and] that is the structured, rigid, and FAKE soul of walking/running with . . . well, with fake soles. ...
Land's End to John O'Groats - Off-road, Barefoot and Unsupported
Aleks Kashefi is raising awareness and much-needed funds for The Stroke Association in the UK, by running from Land's End to John O'Groats, off-road, barefoot and unsupported!
Aleks says "There's a reason why we take on challenges that is personal, but there's no reason why we shouldn't use them as a way to help others. The Stroke Association work with stroke victims, their families and also carers, as well as providing funding for research into the treatment and prevention of strokes. Le Jog (or Land's End to John O'Groats) is a fairly popular challenge for people, but there is an off-road version which is longer (1200 miles) which I will be running barefoot or in my Luna sandals, whilst carrying what I need on a day to day basis. I'm not interested in setting any...
Page 8 of 128
- User Record:
- Latest Member: