Zola's My Ancestor?

Longboard

Chapter Presidents
May 13, 2010
I could have sworn that I was older than her!

“We can’t just compare ourselves [to runners from other countries and cultures],” says Kingston podiatrist Dr. Tracey G. Toback. He cites anatomy, heredity, and adaptation as deciding factors. Where our ancestors, like Bikila and Pieterse, ran barefoot from childhood, most of us walk with shoes, like our parents and their parents, etc. Natural selection has not favored bare feet for a few thousand years.

http://www.saugertiesx.com/2012/09/11/barefoot-running-controversy/

Toback has a good point. Natural selection has impacted the human race tremendously over the last few thousand years. Evolution has completely eradiciated nuisances such as impacted wisdom teeth and appendicitis.

Nevermind that modern podiatry has evolved alongside modern shoes. How can they even say that they understand barefoot mechanics?

Toback has a good point. Natural selection has impacted the human race tremendously over the last few thousand years. Evolution has completely eradiciated nuisances such as impacted wisdom teeth and appendicitis.

Nevermind that modern podiatry has evolved alongside modern shoes. How can they even say that they understand barefoot mechanics?

Or evolution for that matter.
Toback doesn't realize it but he's obviously a Lamarckian!
Parents wear shoes, so offspring's feet require them?

Reactions: Sid and Bare Lee
Maybe he means that fancy shoes catch the eye of potential mates more successfully than bare feet during mating rituals . . .

I don't know about that, my wife definitly gets a lot more attention from men when she is out and about barefoot than when she is wearing footwear of any type.

Reactions: Bare Lee
Ha! What a screw up putting Zola in as an "ancestor." You are definitely older than her, Mr. Board. She was born in March 1966.

Love your new avatar, Lee, and the BRS tee shirt of course. Who's the sweet lady on your shoulders?

Reactions: Bare Lee
You are definitely older than her, Mr. Board. She was born in March 1966.

When I celebrated my Bar Mitzvah in 1966 the Rabbi officialy proclaimed me a man.
So I guess I AM old enough to be her father!