Zensah Compression Running Leg Sleeve Review

miker: You just had to go all

miker: You just had to go all serious on us, didn't you? ;) You're right, though. A taller or rather heavier runner will almost always be at a disadvantage compared to a lighter athlete. The less weight you have to carry around, the more energy you'll be able to use to drive yourself forward. A rough estimate of energy consumption is usually in the neighborhood of 1 kcal/kg/kilometer so a lighter athlete will always be more efficient when it comes to calories burned. And yes, I'll leave it to you 'mericans to do the conversion. :p

Been reading reviews, and

Been reading reviews, and looking at getting a set of these for winter. But there are only two sizes and I don't know which size I need. How did you people that already have them choose your size?

Nevermind. Went back onto the

Nevermind. Went back onto the Zensah main site and found it. I must have been looking right at it before and not seeing it. :p

got it figured out  Mike? I

got it figured out Mike? I ordered s/m and they're a good fit. I'm 5'4-5'5 and have decent sized calves. Keep us posted on what you think. I just wore mine today on my run, I think it was 40 degrees give or take a few degrees. They seemed to help keep my legs and feet a bit warmer.

Im 5'10" and my calves are

Im 5'10" and my calves are 14" even. So according to the sizing I could use either size.... Just not sure which would be better.

I find this compression

I find this compression sleeve an interesting concept. I don't really have issues with my calves, except when I run a really hard race. In that case, they tend to be tight and sore for a few days following the race.

I wonder if someone will eventually make some sort of compression sleeve for feet. Keep them warm, the blood flowing, help with elastic recoil -- all that great stuff. Wait, those would be shoes!

Mike, I lost my measuring

Mike, I lost my measuring tape. I am drawing a blank at what my calf size is, I want to say too around 14 too?

Matt, now that would be sweet! compression slippers:p

Me to Matt:  Slap  

Me to Matt: Slap Slap

Seriously!  I hate leg

Seriously! I hate leg warmers. Yuck! What we're we thinking back then?!

you kidding me I LOVE leg

you kidding me I LOVE leg warmers :)

When i wear them, especially

When i wear them, especially with a skirt, I think I look like a member of a roller derby team. I am hoping to lose them, but every time I run without them my calf flares up.

jschwab wrote:When i wear

jschwab said:
When i wear them, especially with a skirt, I think I look like a member of a roller derby team. I am hoping to lose them, but every time I run without them my calf flares up.

Mine too!

8%20The%20End.jpg

Nice!

Nice!

weet wew, that's me

weet wew, that's me whistling. Nice legs Chris;)

UPS dropped off my Leg

UPS dropped off my Leg Sleeves today. :D I won't be running in them till Christmas, but for the 20 minutes I had them on I absolutely loved them. (The small/mediums ended up fitting perfectly)

Awesome to hear, were they an

Awesome to hear, were they an early present from Santa??

I ordered them, but im told

I ordered them, but im told im hard to shop for... So my brother is giving them to me(he hates shopping). I got a quick wear in when they arrived, but now I have to wait till xmas to run in them.

I upgraded to 2xu calf guards

I upgraded to 2xu calf guards for my race because I wanted cooler (better wicking) fabric. I love the Zensahs but I'll be wearing the 2Xu for races because they shed heat better. They were $55 which is pricey but worth it for the race - I'll be able to wear them in summer, too.