Your goals for the summer? or beyond?

So Danjo is hiking Mt. Elbert. AAbarefoot wants to add miles. What are your goals for this summer, I'm curious?

Personally I'm trying to do every event on the 2011 X-dog Schedule barefoot. Unfortunately I missed the first event (the snowshoe race) out of sanity. But I've been 3 for 3 since then -- the Dirt Dash, Havoc at the Hideout, and Mt. Hood Scramble. Next up: the McCubbins Gulch Scramble, Great NW Mountain Run, and Tillamook Burn races. It would be good if I was in the top half of my age group or overall finishers (which I just barely accomplished at the recent Dirt Dash) but a) I'm slow; and b) barefoot does slow you down somewhat in these events. Actually last year I won my age group at the Tillamook Burn but it turned out there was just one other guy in my group! So it will be tough to repeat but I'll try. ;)

Now you-- what do you have on your mind?

I plan on training for my

I plan on training for my first 50k that is in October. I want to win it. Small field, the winner last year averaged a 8:40 pace.

Next Sunday morning is my one

Next Sunday morning is my one race scheduled for the summer, a 15K trail race in the wooded hills north of Allentown, PA. Beyond that, just survival, and maintaining some regular schedule of running.

so far just the warrior dash

so far just the warrior dash in September. this year i will do it bf and i will likely be the only one. if another race comes up that seems interesting i may do it. for long term i just want to improve my form and get stronger. my left calf always tightens up on me.

Mike

I really am hoping to get my

I really am hoping to get my squat up to 300 lbs. by the end of September.

No running goals for me right now. I may sign up for a few mud runs in the winter. It is kind of like living down under here in Pheonix. All of our big events are in winter/ early spring.

No goals for this summer, ran

No goals for this summer, ran a marathon in May that was the end of long runs for me for awhile. I have a few half marathons coming up, but I don't train for them, just show up and run. Just enjoying summer right now, not running alot, and loving it.

The biggest goal will be attempting to run barefoot through winter. I haven't been in footwear since March 1st, going for a full year barefoot this year.

My only goal is to get my

My only goal is to get my feet healthy. That is, have that surgery to finally remove these damn neuromas from my feet! I want to try to run as much as possible until then and have the surgery during the winter, our hibernation season. ;-) I will be out about six weeks. Once they are gone, I will be able to concentrate on getting healthier overall. Concentrate on me and not always on my feet.

I'm TRULY thankful to God for having developed Morton's Neuroma, in shoes no doubt, for without going through this I never would have discovered barefoot running, BUT enough is enough! I'm ready to live again. I just want to run and run and run and run...

I am loathe to admit it, but

I am loathe to admit it, but I am still a heavyweight. I took up barefoot running because I did not find shod running pleasant at all, and I wanted to enjoy it.

There was one time in my life, two or three days at most actually, when everything clicked and my lungs and body worked in perfect harmony and I had that feeling I've heard described recently... that feeling of almost flying as I ran. I finally enjoyed running and knew if we had kept on I would have really taken to it. We moved on to another sport and I never got "hooked", but I knew it to be possible. If it happened once it could again.

Back then I was a beanpole. Now I am your average American. My attempts to get back on the road to being truly fit have had some bumps this season, but I feel on the verge of a breakthrough. I hope I'm right.

My goals are to continue to work on balance, form, building strength, and of course the usual lose weight. Most of all I want to capture that fun. I do enjoy myself, but that free, exuberant joy... that's the stuff I'm aiming for!

John T.

I have a scheduled 50 Miler.

I have a scheduled 50 Miler. I have no time goal other than to finish.

I also have a two day 160 mile bike ride and a century scheduled. Those I want to finish.

Thats about it.

Since my BF/inimalist journey

Since my BF/inimalist journey is just a few months new this years goals are modest. I am scheduled to run a 1 mile bridge race at the end of the month with my son and partner. I'd like to get back to regular 5K runs, albiet slow ones by the fall. I also hope to get in a few thousand K's on the bike including at least one century of the english and metric variety.

Other than that I hope to stay healthy, especially as most of last summer was wiped out by my chronic back issues. I am really hopeful that ditching the shoes will aid me in staying healthy and active.

Here's mud in yer' eye (said as I raise a cold Canuk brew)

TTFN,

Jenn

Some sweet sounding goals

Some sweet sounding goals listed here

I plan on putting tons of miles on my Luna Originals.

Next up is the SanFran marathon

Hope to get a 1/2 marathon PR at AFC in August

4 days after that I will tackle Mount Whitney for the first time

In Sept, I will tackle the 50k that humiliated me last year (failed to finish within time limits...hey, it was my first!)

Over Thanksgiving weekend, a group of us will tackle the Sea to Sea Trail...goes from La Jolla Shores to Salton Sea, an epic 140 mile trail but we will exclude a few sections that are considered off limits and/or overly treacherous.

And finally, I tend to do the Grand Canyon R2R2R

I'll be quite happy with myself if I can knock out all of these.

No summer goals other than to

No summer goals other than to cut back on the running a bit and get some variety into my fitness routine. I'd like to get a bit faster as well. I've added mileage at the same rate as I've gotten better so I'm still super slow. Maybe I'll do another 50k if I can convince someone to keep me company. However after last weekend I have no urge to run another one in 85 degree weather :Sp. Mostly I just want to take a mental break so I can start trying for a spring 50 miler. Maybe PCT 50 or something. I haven't quite decide what I want to do but that seems like it would be a good one.

Since June 2010, I have lost

Since June 2010, I have lost 67 lbs, gone off my HBP meds, and am in the best health since my teens (I'm 45). I did it all by running minimal/barefoot, cutting out all the crap (including alcohol) in my diet and cutting down on everything else.

Back when I weighed 246, I couldn't run a mile without putting myself in danger of dropping dead on the road. Now, I can run up to ten miles comfortably. I've been running a lot of 5k races and for 2012, my goal is to run at least three 10k races, then half marathons in 2013.

For the summer, my goals are:
Run at least four days each week.
Walk a lot.
Get rid of more of the gut (I know poundage shouldn't be the measure of health, but I'd love to get down to 160; I'm at 180 now)
Perfect my barefoot stride (I still experience occasional soreness on the top of my ankle)
Get my wife to jump on the bandwagon (by at least using minimal running shoes)

Run every run and race

Run every run and race Barefoot, even this winter. (Indoor sprint tris at Lifetime may not allow me to spin or run bare)

Get my wife to run barefoot, ultimately running a 5k barefoot together.

Run a 1 mile fun run as a family, Me, Wife and both kids, barefoot. My son never wears shoes, so that's no prob! Daughter thinks it's cool to run Barefoot, so that just leaves one person! ;o)

Run 7mile long runs for July and the 3.75mile leg of my first 18mile relay 7/16/11.

8 mile longs for Aug and my 5K race in under 28min.

9 mile longs for Sept and my first 10K race.

Weigh 200lbs or less by Sept 18th, my B-day.

11 mile longs for Oct and my first 15k race.

13 mile longs for Nov

14 mile longs for Dec and my first Half-Marathon race.

Try a sprint Tri and see if I like it.

Full Marathon before Sept 18th, 2012 when I turn 40.

Do it all safely and within my abilities. Injuries, suck!

-Jonny

Did my minimal ultra in Feb

Did my minimal ultra in Feb and the barefoot marathon in May, so now what.

Started jujitsu (another barefoot sport)

Maybe a half mary this fall.

Looking for a local (western Canada) barefoot freindly Ultra for late next summer.

Last summer I did Ironman so I am TRIed out for a while.

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test

Latest posts