Working to dispel the myths associated w/BFR, one myth at a time...

miker

Chapter Presidents
Jul 26, 2010
The other night I was barefoot running/walking on a rubber track at the field where my son was practicing soccer. Other families are there and lots of little kids running around (just laying the groundwork for my story) :) So, at one point I happened to be walking when three young kids (I'm guessing 5yrs to 8yrs old) quit sprinting around and walk beside me...

Little girl: Ain't your feet hot? (The outside temp was 101 that afternoon)

Me: (squatting down) No, feel the track. See, it's just warm.

Little girl: (taking her flip-flops off) Yeah...

Little girl: My momma says goin' barefoot like that will make your feet longer.

Me: well, I think actually going barefoot will make your foot shorter (as I hold up my foot and give 10 second explanation about the arch of the foot and how it acts like a spring. Dr. N, don't shoot me) ;)

Little boy: What about runnin' in socks?

Me: well, I guess that'd be OK, but it's kind of hard on socks. You might want to ask your Mom it that would be OK.

3 kids take off sprinting, leaving me walking. Myth dispelled...

Yeah! Good for you,

Yeah! Good for you, Mike!

Going BF probably will make her forefoot wider. but one thing I like about this group is that a wide forefoot is smiled upon, seen as a beautiful thing! I'd prefer to have my wide forefoot with splayed toes than a cramped forefoot that fits in Louboutins (sp?)

Below is what the average

Below is what the average barefoot person’s foot looked like:

bare_feet.jpg

Below is what the average shoe wearing individuals’ foot looked like:

shoe_feet.jpg

Western culture is obsessed

Western culture is obsessed with long and lean.

Dress shoes are designed to make the foot look narrower yet longer.

As a short & wide guy geneticaly I always had trouble fitting into any type of attire.

Ice skates really cramped my feet, and I used to wish that my feet were narrower.

Now I realize that they will never reach their full forefoot width potential since they were terminaly shod my first fifteen years of life.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but it is influenced by cultural conditioning.

I have been loaning out copies of "The Barefoot Book" to moms and grandma's

hoping they will help to stop the distorted appearance and function of the western human foot.

Feel free to use them in your

Feel free to use them in your "Misconceptions" article, Kean. Here's a link to where you can get some more background on them if you like: http://www.lexingtonbarefoot.home.insightbb.com/ (You'll want to scroll down a little.)

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but it is influenced by cultural conditioning. See, now I compare this statement and this subject to what women are doing with their lips and eyebrows these days. They are plucking off their eyebrows and plumping up their lips. People are starting to look freaky, but somehow, this freaky-looking group of women is growing...I mean don't these people see what they look like? Not that there's anything wrong with that...like Board said, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. :sexy:

fyi, i am almost done with

fyi, i am almost done with the article i sent you, its just been crazy heck-tick for the past few weeks. As soon as my life reaches a relative state of normality ill be able to devote a lot more time to the BRS.

Yippee!

Yippee!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS