Wildwood Trail Half Marathon

Wildwood Trail Half Marathon
By Paraganek

Really enjoyed this race, got lots of comments and laughing. Everyone on the trail mostly called me "The Zebra Man" but for the kids I was always "The Caveman" :woot:

Edited:
Since TJ posted this on the Front Page, I am adding a couple more details.
Got all positive comments, people were really friendly and curious. The very first one was "I hope you have your tweezers and antiseptic with you" :-D when joining the bib pickup line.
Another girl wants to see bottoms of my feet after the race. I guess some people are still having hard time believing running barefoot doesn't hurt you.
Trail was mostly hard packed soil/dirt with some gravely sections. Out and back, 925 feet elevation gain to the turning point, all downhill the second half.
Finished in 01:56 having blast. Placed 6th in my AG (65 out of 250 overall).

Zebra Man 01_lr.JPG

Zebra Man 02_lr.JPG
Fresh paint
Zebra Man 03_lr.JPG

Zebra Man 04_lr.JPG
After the race

You're scaring me with that pose:wideeyed:.
Nice body paint btw

Reactions: Bare Lee
One crash only. Running really fast downhill, the path is nice and clear. Then all of a sudden one root decides to peek out of the ground right in front of me. Big thump on my forefoot. Flying down forward, landing on my hands and knees. I was really shocked (and happy at the same time) the foot was OK. Did not even notice the little scratch under the knee until someone in the finish line points down to my leg with big "Ooooo..OUCH. :D

Reactions: NickW
For a minute, I thought your shorts were painted on too! Don't do that to me! Hee. :shy:

Bumped to the Front Page! Ha!

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmeiners11