Why do I blister on the outside of my right foot only?

Glad things are going well.

Glad things are going well. When I started I took up to three days off if my calves were overly tight or I experienced TOFP.

good luck on the race.

pbarker wrote:Glad things

pbarker said:
Glad things are going well. When I started I took up to three days off if my calves were overly tight or I experienced TOFP.

good luck on the race.

Hey, thanks! I haven't had any TOFP in over a month. I think starting out in the VFFs may have helped get the foot structure/muscles and my calves up to snuff. Even still, I was pretty about about just warming them up, stretching out and going the next day or twice in the same day at times. I wasn't running any real distances, though...mile or mile and a half at lunch and another at night. I've only started pushing past a 5K in the last couple weeks...

-Jonny

Wow, I had a huge blister at

Wow, I had a huge blister at almost the exact same place on my right foot after my first run without shoes! But after the second run I haven't had any blisters, I guess it's because I started to try and correct my running. But I got sore calfs instead, maybe that will go away too.

Miker - I had the same sort

Miker - I had the same sort of problem recently. I ran a full marathon on My 1st barefoot without any problems, but the next week, I noticed the skin right where your blister is was being scraped off of both of my feet. The abrasions got worse with every run for the next couple of weeks. Finally, I focused on quickly lifting my feet after every step which seems to have worked because the damaged area has finally healed. If I try to change my form, i.e. how my feet naturally land, I end up with other aches and pains, so for me, lifting before by body rotates and grinds off skin works for me.

Liz wrote:Miker - I had the

Liz said:
Miker - I had the same sort of problem recently. I ran a full marathon on My 1st barefoot without any problems, but the next week, I noticed the skin right where your blister is was being scraped off of both of my feet. The abrasions got worse with every run for the next couple of weeks. Finally, I focused on quickly lifting my feet after every step which seems to have worked because the damaged area has finally healed. If I try to change my form, i.e. how my feet naturally land, I end up with other aches and pains, so for me, lifting before by body rotates and grinds off skin works for me.

Liz, were your strides longer, did you run taller or were you just pushing off when you were getting the abraisions? I had a couple of bad ones on both feet when I first started and I think the sensetivity helped me stop doing what I was doing, but would like to know the cause of the effect if they come back again. Thanks!

Miker, any progress in figuring this out? I'm just now getting to the 5+miles stage in my running and trying to soak up all the wisdom I can!

-Jonny