Why are Run-Amoc Lites so heavy?

jschwab

Barefooters
Jun 16, 2010
I asked about them and Soft Star sent an email saying the Lites with the street sole were 12oz (gulp!). My NB 100's are lighter than that! Anyone know why they are so heavy? I'll probably order a pair anyway since water shoes are so hard to find.

Yeah, that's gotta be a

Yeah, that's gotta be a mistake. That's like boat anchor weight.

Anywho, JSchwab, try www.SwimOutlet.com. They have a huge selection of water shoes at really great prices, even through winter, and in fact, the prices get mega low during the colder months.

It's combined, but 6oz. per

It's combined, but 6oz. per shoes is still heavy in my opinion! My 100's are about 4oz. and they are regular shoes. I just weighed the water shoes I am wear (men's size 9) and they are 3 ounces).

I mean, I have NEVER worn a

I mean, I have NEVER worn a shoe heavier than 6.5 ounces in my three years of running, including my old normal running shoes (NB 790's). I think these would feel like bricks to me at this point. My 790's certainly feel heavy now.

I wish Soft Star would

I wish Soft Star would experiment with synthetic uppers like nylon with a goretex liner for winter wear. They would be water resistant and be probably their lightest shoes.

That would be a nice thing.

That would be a nice thing. Except I find that when companies use synthetics (except cheapo water shoes), they tend to not be strechy, though. Kigo's, for example are completely rigid. I really want a shoe that stretches liek a slipper - the NB 100 is the best I've seen for this.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test