What!?

Liz

Barefooters
Apr 3, 2010
I've been barefoot running for about a year, and the other day was the first time someone said something to me that made me laugh. I was running a 6 mile loop on the shoulder of a pretty busy road bf with my camelbak, and a woman stopped her car in the road to say something to me. I assumed she would ask for directions or something like that, but she said, "Are you OK. Did something happen to you?". It took a second to figure out what she was talking about, and I said, "No, I'm just running barefoot". She looked mad and drove away.

So this made me wonder, do I really look like I just got mugged when I run? Maybe I should get some new running gear. ;)

Anyway, I'd like to hear if anyone else has some odd tales about other people reacting to barefoot runners.

I had a similar experience a

I had a similar experience a few weeks ago, a guy came up beside me as I was doing my cooldown shuffle and asked if I wanted to borrow his bike since I seemed to be in a hurry.

I saw a post on that "other

I saw a post on that "other forum" about a barefoot runner being mistaken for a homeless person by a cop.

I have no stories like yours though. People always assume that I am running barefoot on purpose. So I just get the standard sacrasm and disbelief.

Yesterday I was BF in a

Yesterday I was BF in a convenience store. Trying to toughen up the feet. I'm walking down the aisle and a little kid (and I mean like 2 1/2 feet tall little kid) is staring down at my shodless wonders...after I walked past him, I heard him say to his mom, "Mommy, did you see that man that's just over there...he don't have on any shoes!"

(This is a quote, not my personal butchering of the King's English)

Guess you wouldn't want to

Guess you wouldn't want to run in this teeshirt then :D

415010059v13_225x225_Front.jpg

You guys are hysterical! 

You guys are hysterical! That's why I love it around here.

Liz, glady you checked in with us. Missed you.

I guess she was just embarrassed for stopping you when there was nothing wrong. I've had that happen to me a couple of times. I say thank you, but I'm doing this on purpose. At least they cared, right?

You guys are

You guys are GREAT!

LavaRunner, it would be funny to run in that as a joke!

I've also noticed that the children in my neighborhood stare, like the movie Children of the Damned, when I'm out running in the 'hood. :|

That is a perfect description

That is a perfect description of the stares I get too! :stare:

I saw a little kid in

I saw a little kid in downtown Philly on his scooter barefoot with his shod friends - no shoes in sight and far, far from houses where kids live.