What is your favorite running distance (non-racing)?

OMG! 8 miles in 96 degree

OMG! 8 miles in 96 degree heat today.

I can honestly say that 8 miles is not my favorite distance tonight :((

You'll get there, C-Dog.I

You'll get there, C-Dog.

I hear ya, Lava. 6 miles in 94 today.

I did a beautiful a 6 miler

I did a beautiful a 6 miler today in 60 degree perfection... ran to a lake I remembered visiting as a child. It was amazing. Fresh air. Fresh berries. Not-so-fresh bear skat, luckily ;-) It made me think that there isn't so much a perfect distance as there is a perfect journey. Today had to be pretty close.

IMGP0175.JPG
IMGP0182.JPG

I started running just two

I started running just two moths ago.

I never really did any running (in shoes nor barefoot) before in my life.

I started running barefoot right away because it feels so natural.

I haven't tried any minimalist shoes and I have been running consistently on pavement only.

I am taking it really slowly so I can enjoy it.

My favorite distance now is 5k on every second morning.

I am hoping to get to 10k by fall :)

Gorgeous, Between.  Beautiful

Gorgeous, Between. Beautiful scenery to grow up in as a child.

I'm sure you'll acheive a 10K goal by fall, Paraganek.

inbetweenmytoes wrote:I did

inbetweenmytoes said:
I did a beautiful a 6 miler today in 60 degree perfection... ran to a lake I remembered visiting as a child. It was amazing. Fresh air. Fresh berries. Not-so-fresh bear skat, luckily ;-) It made me think that there isn't so much a perfect distance as there is a perfect journey. Today had to be pretty close.

Beautiful country! Nice views, Can I hate you for a week or two?

Not for too long, LavaRunner.

Not for too long, LavaRunner. Winter will hit us hard soon, and then it will be my turn to reciprocate the feeling ;-)

Oh, by the way, I did an 18 miler including 2320 feet of elevation gain and a constant drizzle of cooling rain in Waterton National Park today. Those last pics I posted had nothing on what I saw up there this morning. Perhaps I'll tease you with a pic or two when I upload them from the camera.

I don't think you need to

IMGP0211.JPG

IMGP0212.JPG
IMGP0213.JPG
IMGP0216.JPG

I don't think you need to be terribly jealous of the 50 degree rainy weather, LavaRunner.

I am SICK with jealousy!

I am SICK with jealousy!

right at this moment, ANY run

right at this moment, ANY run would be awesome!! I do like 10 milers though. I feel pathetic if I run less than 5 on any given day, heck, I'm not really warmed up until I hit 3! The 15 I did last month felt awesome, can't wait to do it again. I'm hoping I can get in a 12 next weekend, but then again, I'm hoping I can walk tomorrow.

So, I thought BFRs weren't supposed to get PF :cry:

I happen to believe that if

I happen to believe that if people transition too quickly, they can get PF. That's one reason why we stress taking it slow in distance and speed and building up gradually. If you don't, you will be likely to pull/tear something, one of those things being the plantar fascia, and the reason being, because shoe wearers' connective tissues from their calves to their Achilles to their plantar fascia have shortened by the same amount that they typically wore in shoes with elevated heels. Example, if your typical running shoe has a 1" heel, then your connective tissues have shrunk by 1". (Not talking about you, Wendy.)

Did you say you think you got this from stairs?

It hurts like heck to go DOWN

It hurts like heck to go DOWN stairs, but up is fine. Shifting my weight from the heel to the ball as I go to the next step is what kills me. I land on the outside of my foot too much and that is where the pain is so I think I just put a lot of stress on it with hills and stairs. I would probably have been okay if I had only run hills once a week, not run up and down 56 steps during a run in addition to the stairs from our garage (which is under our front yard) to the house and from the first to second floor. We were also walking EVERYWHERE on base including up and down steep hills. I just totally over did it, and I should know better.

Aren't you going to move

Aren't you going to move again though? Hopefully, you can find a place without all those stairs.

A six or seven mile run to

A six or seven mile run to me is always satisfying and also unlikely to cause me any pains later. It's long enough to let me lose myself, but not so long as to be hard to fit into my day.

For me a long run is ten miles & I really enjoy that time, especially on trails. But I have had to back off some mileage as my PF & achilles let me know a couple weeks ago that I may have been doing too much too soon. I guess I got overconfident, but I really still am a newbie, having just started this style of running in February. So I've given myself several rest days, cut back on mileage, and done some plain BF work on the track to make sure my form is right as I build back up.

(Wendy, I feel your pain, perhaps literally.)

My current favorite is 7-8

My current favorite is 7-8 miles. That's a good one hour run (or a little longer, for me). It's enough for some good exertion, but not end up overexhausted. Interestingly, when I ran shod, 4 miles seemed like a "chore." Now, at twice that distance, I'm still really enjoying the run!

I enjoy the occassional longer runs of 10-14 miles, too, but for me, those are exhausting (in a good way), so I don't do that more than once or twice a month.

My normal distance is 6-7

My normal distance is 6-7 miles but I like to stretch it out to 10 when I can. Anything in that neighborhood is fine, I'm not too picky. :p

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts