What ever happened to...

Barefoot TJ

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 5, 2010
"Come on in, take your shoes off, and get comfortable"?

This is a sign on Hawaiian Airlines (of all airlines)!

HawaiianAirlines.jpg

It is a sign that is placed over the bulkhead sections on their airplanes. Hubby works in avionics and just explained it to me that it's so people don't place their feet "there." I guess people should realize it's not literally meant for just those barefoot but those wearing shoes too, since they don't want the bulkheads getting dirty. Perhaps they should use a sign like this instead:

can-stock-photo_csp18298027.jpg

Reactions: Ahcuah
While we're at it, I like these too!

no-shoes-8cm-6436.jpg
images

Reactions: Tedlet
But I rather chose to interpret it as meaning it was perfectly OK for me to go past it.

Indeed, it wasn't intended for you because you were barefoot. Your bare feet would do much less damage than someone wearing shoes with soles like the ones in that sign. You were welcome. Come on in! Ha!

When I was at Mesa Verde, there was a sign that I'm pretty sure meant, "Don't go past this point". But I rather chose to interpret it as meaning it was perfectly OK for me to go past it.

This is a picture taken by BRS member Peace Karen. After she ran the trail, she stopped at the end, turned around, and saw this sign. Love this!

Not Recommended For Jogging.jpg