What beer are you drinking tonight? For the new forum...

Yesterday I went to the grocery store to pick up some beer. I was going to go the redneck route and get a 30 pack of some US crap being cheap and all. I ended up coming home with 5 12 packs of Four Peaks Kilt lifter. They were clearancing it out at $6.99 each. It was in cans too which I like much more than bottles.

Yep, I have to agree with the majority here...PBR sucks. Sorry, Abide. Just keep in mind, it's folks like you who keep that business afloat, so there is some pride in that. Also on the Suck List: Pearl, Miller, Budweiser, Coors...in no particular order.

See Abide, I just cannot add Corona's or any beer that encourages a lime to that list of sucks because I can just say, "No lime please." I actually hate when people put limes and oranges or what ever it is in beers. Just give me the dang beer without the fruity tutty stuff. I really love Pacifico and Corona without limes.

I was thinking more along the lines of Bud Light Lime, Tequiza, et al...

And I don't like Corona or Heineken because it tastes like a skunk and beer that costs more than $1.00/12oz should never come in a clear or green bottle. It's just bad juju.

I do enjoy Pacifico though.

Hmmm, fruiting the beer. I'm normally staunchly anti-fruit in beer, but....I have to admit that Negra Modelo tastes pretty good with a lime in the bottle. Not sure why, but so far it's my only exception to fruiting beer.

I also agree with Abide about glass color, but I'll take it a step further. NO BEER should ever come in clear or green glass. It's the number one cause of skunky beer in my opinion. If it's handled correctly and stored correctly, you could get away with clear or green glass, but let's face the fact that most beers are not handled, transported or stored correctly.

I also agree with Abide about glass color, but I'll take it a step further. NO BEER should ever come in clear or green glass. It's the number one cause of skunky beer in my opinion. If it's handled correctly and stored correctly, you could get away with clear or green glass, but let's face the fact that most beers are not handled, transported or stored correctly.
Here, here!

Crown Black and 7 up...

Wait... thats not a beer is it?

Yesterday I went to the grocery store to pick up some beer. I was going to go the redneck route and get a 30 pack of some US crap being cheap and all. I ended up coming home with 5 12 packs of Four Peaks Kilt lifter. They were clearancing it out at $6.99 each. It was in cans too which I like much more than bottles.

Beer in cans...that like blasphemy here!:);)

Beer in cans...that like blasphemy here!:);)

Canned beer is enjoying a renaissance among the craft brewers. It keeps it fresher, avoiding the skunk from light penetration. Aluminum cans also recycle more easily than bottles. I have almost exclusively moved to canned craft beers. Lately it's been the New Belgium Shift Pale Lager. It comes in tall boys and does its job quite nicely. I also enjoy Caldera brewing and Oskar Blues brewing's canned offerings.
I love it ice cold, right out of the can.
images

It's Shift tonight. I may end up...wait for it...shift-faced before the night is over...

Reactions: migangelo
I usually drink beer but tonite I'm drinking coconut flavored Tequila...yum.

Maybe we need to start a Barefoot brand of beer?

Maybe we need to start a Barefoot brand of beer?

This is interesting. I have some friends who work at the Dogfish Head brewery (I live about 10 miles from the brewery) they are always making "custom" brews, they recently did one for Pearl Jam. They allow their employees to make small batches using whatever they want, if it's good, they serve it at their restaurant.

If there was a barefoot beer, what would it entail? What flavors would you use? You never know, maybe we could get a batch made.

It probably would not be all that hoppy of a lager and follow along the concept of Landshark since "barefoot" to most beer drinkers would be an island kind of image.
But us BFRunners know full well that barefoot means natural and of course a Lambic would be the real deal.

I'm kinda of like certain kind of beers..mostly British style Ipa's and south German style Hefeweizen's...I like all the Dogfish beers... they are good. What style of beer would represent barefooting best? Something earthly and not too refined I suppose.