What beer are you drinking tonight? For the new forum...

As I live in the middle of nowhere, and we have few distributors (lots of bars selling lots of beer, but still...) our small town recently has been getting Doghead Fish..... I got a 4pack of the 90 min IPA for tonight.... shall be my first experience with Doghead Fish.

What's on tap for New Year's Eve, y'all?

Coffee. :( Working night shift tonight.

DFH makes some interesting and often unusual brews. I like a lot of them. The 90 min IPA though is right on the mark IMO. But a little pricey. Still been trying to find their 120 min but haven't seen it yet.

Its Monday morning / Friday night for me :D as I have just come off my last nightshift and have a few days off. Tried an Ithaca Flower Power IPA. Wow this is the first random IPA I've had in a long time that scores on the top of my list. Looked it up on BA and its a 95%er. Good stuff. Must get more.

Reactions: scedastic
I might not be getting any running in lately, but I can still drink beer! by Black Sheep Brewery, Rochester, NY from my favourite comedy team of all time -

holygrail_zpsbf2a9693.jpg

Reactions: dharmadan and Robin
I might not be getting any running in lately, but I can still drink beer! by Black Sheep Brewery, Rochester, NY from my favourite comedy team of all time -

OK -they are lying sacks of Sh*t. This is not brewed in Rochester - www,eurobrew - they have no breweries in the USA according to their web site. I am way less impressed with this beer than I was.

holygrail_zpsbf2a9693.jpg

Well, on my trip to California, I tried a bunch of 22 oz IPAs with my uncle and cousin-in-law, most of which are unavailable here. All were pretty good, but none of them significantly better than my go-to, buck-a-beer 12-pack IPAs, like Summit Saga or Sierra Nevada Torpedo, or somewhat more pricey 8-10 dollar six-packs, like Lagunitas Maximus and Lil' Sumpin' Ale, or Founder's Centenniel.

Now I'm really happy to discover Sierra Nevada has put its Ruthless Rye back on the shelves. Hopefully sales will be strong enough to convince them to make it a year-round beer. I know it will pass, but right it tastes like the perfect IPA to me.

There's good reason why the weekend edition of the Wall Street Journal two weeks ago listed SN Torpedo as the largest selling IPA in the U.S.

Reactions: Bare Lee
I thought it tasted like a refreshing citrusy brew that would make a better summer variety, kind of like Blue Point White IPA.

I thought it tasted like a refreshing citrusy brew that would make a better summer variety, kind of like Blue Point White IPA.

Definitely. As someone who just recently got into hops, it begins to me as almost overwhelming summery/fruity/floral, but goes down so well I want more. Maybe it fulfills some craving I have to once again smell alive things outside. A trip to summer.
Gotta be careful, though. It's so drinkable, but the ABV is like 10%.

Whoa! I was talking about the Accumulation, not Hop Slam!

When I did the Pump & Run last June in Kalamazoo I carb loaded the night before at Bell's Bier Garten. I road my bike there from the registration site at the Y where I had boondocked for the night in the now scrapped MI BRS Mobile.

When I did the Pump & Run last June in Kalamazoo I carb loaded the night before at Bell's Bier Garten. I road my bike there from the registration site at the Y where I had boondocked for the night in the now scrapped MI BRS Mobile.

Oh I heard about that. My side of the state. I should go to more events; I might meet the cool BRS'ers in person.
If summer ever comes.....................

We should put that on the MI BRS calendar this summer. There's a 5K, a 10K, and the 5K Pump and Run.
The 5K is one of the fastest courses there is anywhere, the entire thing is down hill. The 10K requires you to run UP that hill and really is a challenge. The pump portion is Friday night, while the run is Sat morn. Perfect set up for the pilgrimage to Bells!
This year the pump portion for me will be a joke......at age 60 I'm only required to bench 50% of my body weight, and am only allowed a max of 30 reps. I easily do that at 60% of my current weight, and could probably do 50 reps or more at 50%. It's still a lot of fun though just being there with everyone even though most of the older crowd that bothers to enter easily does the max.
I still give Larry Bell some of the credit though.
Time for me to start working on improving that downhill speed.............
http://www.kalamazooklassic.org/?page_id=199