We're here

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by tutaepaki, Mar 29, 2011.

1. tutaepaki Barefooters

Message Count:
    Hi Kiwis and resident guests.

The New Zealand chapter of the Barefoot Runners Society is finally set up. It took me a while, but I've finally done it.

Facebook page is here and our Chapter page at BRS is also open for business.

Cheers

Marc
  2. ranyin Barefooters

Message Count:
    Awesome...now we just need

Awesome...now we just need some more feet present
  3. tutaepaki Barefooters

Message Count:
    Hi Ranyin,Good to hear from

Hi Ranyin,

Good to hear from you...what part of NZ are you in?

I'm in Wellington. (Wainuiomata)

Cheers

Marc
  4. Phrank Barefooters

Message Count:
    Plus 1 from Auckland

Plus 1 from Auckland :)

Actually, I'm from Ireland but I married a kiwi and she brought me home.
    Chrizzz likes this.
  5. Barefoot TJ Administrator
    1. Nomad
    2. Presidents

Message Count:
    Hi Phrank.  Welcome!  Be sure

Hi Phrank. Welcome! Be sure to join the New Zealand Chapter of the BRS up top through the Chapters tab. Feel free to post there to reach more New Zealanders.

6. KiwiRunning Barefooters
    1. New Zealand

Message Count:
    Hi All,

From my Handle you can probably guess im a Kiwi, unfortunately im a victim of brain drain, itchy feet, or whatever other sydrome it is the drives us Kiwis to leave a place like NZ and live somewhere else. Im bassed in Germany.

Im a partial barefooter. that is i get in between 15-20km barefoot per week, the rest of my running is done shod. I prefer to run on forest and dirt trails but have to make do with asphalt, concrete, and gravel most of the time.

Some people think im rather fast, others would say im laughably slow, I just try to do my best. Although I like to have a go at the shorter stuff ocassionally, I seem to do better the longer the race is, My next 'A' race is a 50km in november, Im still tossing around wether to do the Paris Marathon in spring (april) but after spring my attention will turn to the build up for a 100 miler in Berlin.

Anyway, not sure how much i can contribute here, but at the end of the day you can take the Kiwi out of New Zealand, but that just makes them more patriotic than they already were.