Weekly Mileage week 14 of 2012

mokaman

Chapter Presidents
Apr 3, 2010
Georgia
I'll kickoff this week with a 7 double down, 7 yesterday and 7 today...really digging the Spring warm weather.

None today, boss took us out to celebrate the company's 10 year anniversary, and running after a meal makes me feel blechhhhh. Plus I'm way too busy. Hopefully will get my Monday run in tomorrow. We've had upper 80's here lately, with the asphalt just about borderline too hot for me. But Wednesday and after this week should be all 70's so it should be super nice.

Sounds like a wonderful lunch. ;) :barefoot:

30km Sunday, longest run to date - ever
10km today, legs a little tender, had planned cycling club TT, but raining, legs probably woulnd't co-operate either

Still on Week 4, 2.1 miles or so. Still making progress bit by bit. Today I ran the whole first 4m run, 4 of the 6m run, and the whole last 4m run, so 12m total running this time. Still haven't matched the 5m 20s run I went last Monday, though. Maybe by the end of this week, hopefully.

I forgot to add, the last 2km or so of my run was barefooted today. I think that's the third time so far this year.

That's real barefoot, not just in those barefoot shoes that you wear on your feet.

Slowly making some progress... I managed a 2.5km run yesterday with 1.5km of it fully BF and 500m to the smooth blacktop and back in my original Zems. No pain in my achilles, no pain in my soles!

Would have been out again today, but I still remember the last time I ran BF in the rain and how badly I tore up my feet. I'm trying to be a bit more patient and sensible this time around so I can keep running and not be sitting on my ass with my feet on ice!

Also entered the London 10km in July this year with my Mrs. The event is two weeks before the Olympics here so I'm hoping the atmosphere will be pretty great with everyone psyched on athletics! Also hope to complete it BF, but I'll make the call on that nearer the time =)

Good to see you running again

I'm taking it slowly as well, sticking with the minimal footwear and throwing in BF as and when, too much chip and seal around here to shred my feet.

Good to see someone is keeping the reporting trend.

So, after a grand total of 72 miles in March and a two week layoff recovering from tendonitis, I have resumed training for my 50-miler in June.

Sunday: 4.93 miles + 1 hour spin in my shed
Monday: 4.91 miles + 50 minute spin in my shed
Tuesday: 7.93 miles
Wednesday: no running planned but I am headed to the shed to spin for 75 minutes.

10km for me this afternoon. Weather has taken a decided turn for the worse. After hitting 24C in March, we're back to under 10 in April.

I'm almost looking forward to 35-40C and 70-80% humidity in Indonesia next week.

2.18 miles today, and I finally beat my single run total from last Monday, barely! I ran 5:25 out of the 6m segment this time (0.45 miles @ 12 min/mile pace), but then only went 3:15 of the last 4m. But that makes 12:40 total running today which is still progress over Tuesday.

Looks like I'll still be on Week 4 for a 3rd week next week.

A fast 5mi. during my run at one point three little boys on bikes started yelling “run faster! Run faster! We’re going to catch you!” then a little after they passed me one boy bit it hard core. He was so embarrassed though that when I asked if he was okay he just said, “Yah, not even a scratch” as his knee was all scraped up.
All in all it was a good run however. Almost up to 20mi a week. Progress is slow but steady and I should be ready for a late Sept. marathon!

Yoga tonight. Good session.

I think I must be improving, at one point the teacher told me I needed to move one foot by half an inch

Nobody ran yesterday (Good Friday)? I did. And it sucked. I don't know if it was the fact that I was going around through my boring-@$$ neighborhood instead of near the office or what. I barely managed 8 or 9 minutes total running, with the first 4m run as the longest. I normally take at least a day off between running days, but this time I decided to go 2 consecutive days, so not sure if that played a part in me not doing so well. Also this morning (Saturday) my calves felt more sore than they have in several weeks now.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts