Weekly Mileage, w/e 7/11

I'm done for the week, YAY! Tomorrow I'll be on the road all day so I had one day for all my weekend miles.

All week has been barefoot, 5,5,and 5 and today was a planned 10, but ended up doing 15. It was so nice out and it was my last time on my favorite trail before leaving the area so I treated myself to one more 5 mile loop. Unfortunately, as nice as the rain was, jumping in the shower when I got home quickly brought to my attention that I had chaffing in a whole new set of places, EEEK!

I'm very close to my Silver Toes award! A couple more weeks and I'll hit my first 500 barefoot miles, YAYAYAYA! I hope everyone is enjoying a great running week!

Aw, Wendy.  That must have

Aw, Wendy. That must have been a bitter-sweet moment. If I had to move away from some of my favorite places I like to run, I'd be kinda sad. I'm sure Korea will have some beautiful trails too though, so you have that to look forward to.

Have a safe trip tomorrow.

Have a safe trip tomorrow. I've done 6 this week plus some barefoot drills (about a mile with recoveries and drills). About 4 of them barefoot. I'll have to see what I do tomorrow and post up then. I'd like to do 5-7.

Kind of a small week for

Kind of a small week for me.

A mix of Treks and barefoot. Tried out some single track trails today and am thinking they might be barefoot friendly!

21 total miles 7 in VFF Treks and the rest barefoot.

Since I am just starting to post miles, I am at 658.51 for the year so far!

Safe tavels Wendy!!

4.5 in water shoes (hot

4.5 in water shoes (hot pavement) today for a total of about 10.5, 4 of which bare and the rest in $6 water shoes . I wanted to do just a LSD run, but then I decided to run to the gym and do a strength workout instead. Lifted weights, flipped the tire 5X, bunch of other stuff. It was good because I need to concentrate on getting stronger and more resilient since I am trying to make sure my injury stays away. On the way home, my local lady trolley driver asked me about my workout - she's been noticing my running next to the trolley lines for the past few years and always has words of support - so sweet.

Another milestone - besides the tire flipping - today was way more amazing! Hubby and I traded child duties so we could both do a long run. He's never trained enough that he had to do a long run on the weekend unless I had him run with me when the kids were away- I feel like we are moving into new and exciting "training couple" territory.

I think that's great that you

I think that's great that you and your hubby share the love of running together, JSchwab.

I just noticed this category.

I just noticed this category. I have 36 barefoot miles this week and 765 barefoot miles since Jan 1 2010.

I ran on trails yesterday in the pine forest by my house, because it was mid day, an 93 degrees. I thought the forest would be a relief from the heat, but it wasn't. These long leaf pines are spaced furhter apart then they seem so there was very little shade. I had to stop running after running into the forest for 3 miles. I started walking back, but walking is so slow, so I started running again. The forest is hot, breeze is blocked by the trees.

I will stay with my current plan of hot weather running. Usually 1 hour before sunset is good, because the suns rays aren't on me.

Larry, I have the issues with

Larry, I have the issues with forest running, too. I never get it - there is a fully shaded trail about 8 miles from my house. I used to run there for the last 5 miles of my long runs and people always go on about how cooling the shade is, but to me the trees just trapped the heat and reduced the breeze to zero. Maybe it helps mid-morning but for afternoon runs it was like running through a rain forest and I always do late afternoon runs.

Barefoot TJ wrote:I think

Barefoot TJ said:
I think that's great that you and your hubby share the love of running together, JSchwab.

It is really nice. He's actually a member of the BRS but hasn't posted yet (a runner AND a barefoot runner man!). I really pushed him to run more regularly when he got a "pre-diabetic" BG value back at his last check-up. He has probably less than 8% body and is lean and athletic, but struggles with his blood sugar, likely due to genetic factors. I hope he keeps up with it. I sneakily signed him up for a grueling 10K Mud Run to get him to train, tee hee.

Sorry about his diabetes.  My

Sorry about his diabetes. My sister-in-law has childhood diabetes, and she is very lean too. It seems she gets thinner all the time, and she is on top of her health and diet all day long, very worrisome. Her diabetes reminds me of Julia Roberts in Steel Magnolias...She can physically have children, but the doctors advise against it, so I feel for her.

My last post marathon

My last post marathon recovery week. I hate recovery weeks more than tapers. 20.5 miles this week, including 4.5 miles of BF speedwork on the track. Nothing better than 800 repeats on a hot and humid evening.

Barefoot TJ wrote:Sorry

Barefoot TJ said:
Sorry about his diabetes. My sister-in-law has childhood diabetes, and she is very lean too. It seems she gets thinner all the time, and she is on top of her health and diet all day long, very worrisome. Her diabetes reminds me of Julia Roberts in Steel Magnolias...She can physically have children, but the doctors advise against it, so I feel for her.

TJ, sorry to hear about your SIL - juvenile diabetes is awful. A bunch of kids of friends have recently been diagnosed. Mike doesn't have diabetes, just blood sugar slightly outside of normal which could indicate it could develop into diabetes. He is on top of it, but still not getting into normal range, hence more running. I don't think he'll get type II (adult diabetes caused by poor diet) but it's scary. Someone who is normal weight and active and who has barely had any carbs, and absolutely no sugar or flour, in 3 years should have it under control. It's much better than it was, but still not perfect.

22 miles barefoot mostly

22 miles barefoot mostly pavement with a couple miles trail running.

8 miles MR trail running.

Had a nice time running at the Peachtree 10k roadrace with TJ and Norman. Good week all around except on a short trail run with my VFF kso's, I hadn't ran in them for awhile and they gave me blisters on both feet in the arch area.

been posting my mileage on

been posting my mileage on DailyMile so will just copy what it says at the end of the week

For the week ending July 11: 32miles. Mixture of Classics and bare but mostly bare. (36 for last week)

Is that bare butt but mostly

Is that bare butt but mostly bare, Shacky? :lol:

Late to the party, but last

Late to the party, but last week was my first blister/skin-loss free week, with a whopping 20 minutes of bare running. I feel like I should add in an eye-rolling smiley there... mapmyrun calls it about a mile and a half, but that would include the walking breaks, too.