Weekly mileage, w/e 5/31-6/6

Hi Everyone,

As you have seen, a few of us have been posting our weekly mileage. Every mile is something to be proud of so don't be shy if you only ran a mile or two for the week. Heck, if you have just run your first 1/4 mile barefoot, post it!

We will be continuing these weekly updates, and if I'm late starting the thread, anyone is welcome to jump in and do it! If you prefer to keep your miles Sunday-Saturday, that is fine, it doesn't really matter as long as you post.

At the end of the year there will be award certificates for people that have run various increments like 500, 1,000, or more if we have some really high achievers! The categories will be (and I can't promise it won't change)

Barefoot: Miles run with skin on the ground in the same calendar year.

Minimal/barefoot mixed: Basically all miles run bare and/or in a minimal shoe in one calendar year. Shoes that count are moccasins, VFF, huaraches, and the like. Nike Frees, racing flats etc. are not minimal shoes.

First barefoot miles: There will be special mention for folks running their first 500 and first 1,000 miles. These totals can span more than one year, so if you ran 200 barefoot miles last year, you can add it to 300 this year and become member of the club (to be named by some clever person in the future :)

This will all be on the honor system, but if you have never entered anything in the mileage report, we might not believe you :) So start reporting those miles!!

thanks for keeping this going

thanks for keeping this going Wendy! I agree, every mile counts! I've been bad at keeping up with this thread.

Last week I ran 21mi, all barefoot including a half marathon and some shorter runs

This will will be nothing I am assuming

LOL, no need to thank me, it

LOL, no need to thank me, it is part of my job description as Newsletter Editor
compute.gif

18 bf miles this week.A lot

18 bf miles this week.

A lot of xfit workouts in there ouch. On another note, I was told I couldn't work out without shoes today for the first time. I forgot my VFF's so they made me leave the weight room too. I tried to talk to the director but she was out so I sent her an email about lifting and running on the tm bf. We'll see what she says.

That's Executive Newsletter

That's Executive Newsletter Editor, Missy!

Only because some people are actually interested in how I'm doing post op...

Still suffering through recovery from the cryosurgery to both of my feet. Very painful runs, but I figure I might as well be miserable while I'm running than miserable sitting around.

Thurs - 1.82
Fri - 1.82
Sun - 3.57
Total - 7.21

60 miles for the week, all in

60 miles for the week, all in my trusty vff classics, as my poor feet aren't ready for this kinda mileage yet.

Sunday 8 mile easy run

Monday off

Tuesday 4 mile easy morning run 9 mile hill run

Wednesday 4mile easy morning run 8.5 mile trail run

Thursday 9.75 mile hill run

Friday off

Saturday 4 mile morning tempo run 3x4 mile repeats at 10k pace w/ 2 minute rest in between and 2 mile cool down.

first marathon of the year is less than 3 weeks away!

All barefoot this week, 19

All barefoot this week, 19 pavemet ... 3 trails.

16 miles was all in one day plus 2 other short runs.

I average 15-20 miles a week,

I average 15-20 miles a week, and I run almost all barefoot. When I'm not barefoot, I wear a piece of leather straped to the ball of my foot where the hot pavement has been giving me blisters.

I'll try to stay active here.

I'll try to stay active here. Easier to do now that I use the Garmin Connect site.

April 124 miles

May - 66 miles

June so far - 21.5 miles

all BF/MF except for a slightly longer marathon I ran in trail shoes on May 8th. So, 93 minus 27 equals: 66 for May.

These numbers are about half or less than half of what I'd be doing if I weren't BF/MFing, but I don't care about that anymore, wow! :D

Liz M. wrote:I average 15-20

Liz M. said:
I average 15-20 miles a week, and I run almost all barefoot. When I'm not barefoot, I wear a piece of leather straped to the ball of my foot where the hot pavement has been giving me blisters.

that sounds interesting, Liz. Can you post a pic of how you do it?

I did 5 barefoot miles.

I did 5 barefoot miles.

I was just going to ask Liz

I was just going to ask Liz that same thing, Willie. Brilliant minds...

Had to resort to VFFs with

Had to resort to VFFs with socks today because I had a plantar wart frozen this morning, hurts like a *&^%$%&. I've been treating it with the usual stuff, but not consistantly and I was already at the dermatologist so figured why not. At least I won't have to mess with it anymore, it was tiny and not deep so one time will do it.

It was so HOT in shoes, really wish I could have gone with Huraches, but didn't want to get dirt on the frozen spot.
crazy.gif

Abide wrote:18 bf miles this

Abide said:
18 bf miles this week.

A lot of xfit workouts in there ouch. On another note, I was told I couldn't work out without shoes today for the first time. I forgot my VFF's so they made me leave the weight room too. I tried to talk to the director but she was out so I sent her an email about lifting and running on the tm bf. We'll see what she says.

Got a negative reply back, with a lame fungus and insurance excuse. In one day I was told I couldn't lift barefoot because:

You could drop a weight on it

The sign says you can't

You might slip

You can spread a fungus

Our insurance requires it

I'll try to keep

I'll try to keep track....I'd be better off if we posted what we ran every day and let one of you type A's add it all up for me :)

Let's see this weeks plan....Monday: 4.2 miles, Today 4.2 miles...plan (if I get mowing done on time) take a short 3 with the dog, maybe another 5 in the eve...Thursday 6 miles, Friday 6....sat. depends on other stuff (really, how much time I have available to run on the mountain trails behind my house)....sundays rest....oh, wait, we don't count miles we "might" run....sorry....so far this week Starting monday....

8.4 Total miles so far this week, half macadam/concrete, 1/2 trails

All barefoot...after all, i wouldn't be naked if I was wearing a towel...:-D

I started watching my time too...today, did my 4.2 in 35 min...and it was pretty easy...this run was mostly flat street running though, with just a mile of trail and a small hill...

So, I'm not super fast, but not bad for a dude who just started running "seriously" in April.

OH WAIT....this is for LAST WEEK....I can't remember what I ran last week....let me think...

Memorial Day: 6.5 miles trail hill up 3.2 miles, back down 3.2 miles

Tuesday: 5 miles--3miles chip/tar macadam, 2miles dirt/gravel lanes

Wed. 3 miles (one gravel/dirt, two macadam)

Thursday 4.2 (1 mile trail, 3.2 street/sidewalk)

Friday: 3 miles (see wed.)

Sat/Sun chilled out

Ran 20 miles total barefoot

Ran 20 miles total barefoot last week (I am going to stop saying barefoot, because I run strictly barefoot now) I did a long run of 10 miles on saturday.

Ran 5.4 miles yesterday morning, my first mile was at a 7:20 pace! Then ran the rest at a 8:30 pace, so pleased with my speed now.

Hi everyone! I did 30 miles

Hi everyone! I did 30 miles so far this week, and my year to date mileage is only 640 miles. I wish I could do more, but time is an issue. I have to split my time between: Work, running, bodyboarding and BRS forum reading!

4 miles on Saturday... 

4 miles on Saturday... BAREFOOT on the trails... It was the best run, possibly EVER!!!

I am VERY EXCITED FOR MORE BAREFOOT TRAIL RUNNING!!!

{recovery week after Bayshore Marathon in VFFs, 3:46:30, pacing my wife to her new PR}