weekly mileage w/e 06/13

BFwillie_g

Barefooters
May 17, 2010
Kulmbach, Germany
Hey there,

Was a good week. I had my first experience with hot pavement (see the "DUH" thread in the Health forum) and I ran my HM yesterday bringing my week's total to 28.45mi

HM was great, a lot of fun, not nearly as hilly as I'd been led to believe, but a lot more asphalt than I'd expected, too. I could have/would have run virtually the whole thing BF if I'd know how foot-friendly it is. But, not knowing what was lying around each curve, I just left my Huaraches on for the most part. I took them off for the past 700 meters or so, and crossed the finish line in barefeet. Oficial time will probably be a 1:40:xx, but I forgot to stop the timer on my Garmin at the finish so I don't know yet.

Got a bunch of photos posted at Photobucket already:

http://s210.photobucket.com/albums/bb221/effzee/Running/

Ok, what'd you all do this week?

Awesome job and pics!  Aren't

Awesome job and pics! Aren't huaraches great for racing? Fantastic time too, my goal for the next couple of years is to run a sub 1:45, but taking 15 minuts of my current PR is going to take a LOT of work.

I got in 25 this week, but mostly in VFFs because of the wart I had frozen on my sole. OUCH! Next time I'll just keep at it with the duct tape!

18 miles VFF

7 miles BF

Did some good intervals today, but only got in 5 before I couldn't stand the heat anymore and went in to the air conditioned gym to do my last 1.5 miles. My fastest track repeat was 1:52, kept the next two close to that, and then the last two were closer to 2 minutes. I have an 8K on the 4th of July and am hoping to get close to 42 min (probably a too ambitious right now, but a girl's gotta dream :) I've been running mid day, so hopefully I'll get a boost from cooler morning temps.

This week was a little off

This week was a little off because I raced a 12k on Saturday, but my total mileage for the week was 11.11 bare footed miles. I think that puts me right around 68 total BF miles for the year. My time for the 12k if anyone is interested was 1:03:45(ish). I am pretty happy considering the 1 OA male finished in 53:xx and I passed a guy wearing VFF's.

Next week will be another low mileage week because I have a PT test on the 21st...

I had a very good week this

I had a very good week this week. I dialed back the mileage but I reached my halfway point in the transition this week. I am now running 2.75 miles 4 to 5 times a week. I raise the distance 10 percent after four discomfort free runs. I got 11 miles this week, 14 last week (but I was not supposed to go that high). Barefoot prosthetic is working wonders and I am very jealous of those with normal toes.

Also, my pace in increasing like crazy. I am already beating my shod times. Well, that's not saying much. I used to have to really push to get down near 10.00 miles. Now I am doing 9.5x miles without trying harder. What's up with that?

Congrats to you all.  Sounds

Congrats to you all. Sounds like everyone is making great strides.

I had 18.79 for the week, and nearly every one of those miles was difficult. The neuromas are not shrinking from the cryo as quickly as I wish! BUT I won't give up. I will keep on keeping on until the monsters in my feet are dead.

Nyal isn't it great? The

Nyal isn't it great? The speed just comes out of nowhere one day.

21 miles for me this week. 25-30 a week is my goal for this round of marathon training. Next week I plan to start only running 3 times a week.

@Wendy - The Huaraches would

@Wendy - The Huaraches would have been better if the course were rougher, but they're really not that great on asphalt, not for me anyway

@Nyal - you're getting stronger aall the time, embrace it :D

@TJ - close to 20 miles for the week is great! I'm really happy for you!

@everyone - yaaaaaay, sounds like it wa a good week for BFR :D

Yea but I wish it was more

Yea but I wish it was more like the 30 - 40 miles per week like it used to be. :-(

50.5 miles this week,

50.5 miles this week, including 15 BF. The long runs are starting to feel much better and my feet are holding up just fine to the increased mileage. My miles are down a bit as I used last week as a mini taper since I have a marathon coming up in 2 weeks.

This week will be the hard one, trying to cram around 75 miles in, then next week I get to back off and just do speedwork and stay healthy till the race.

DD, you're more like a Miles

DD, you're more like a Miles Demon! Wow! That's some serious mileage. Good for you.

zero miles hereTJ, I agree

zero miles here

TJ, I agree with Willie...20mi/week is awesome! You're making some good progress, those little monsters dont' stand a chance against you.

Dirt, nice work!

Spurv, sounds like your transition is going well. Glad you are able to increase speed as well, I'm the opposite. Still running like a turtle compared to my shod runs. It'll come though

19 for me...because I

19 for me...because I couldn't run friday and took the weekend off :-(. This week might be low too...as my ankle is a little sore from a light twisting last wed. Oh well :).

Barefoot - 3.75 miles.MR -

Barefoot - 3.75 miles.

MR - 5.0 miles... did a test trail run in a pair of Onitsuka Tai Chi shoes, they are for work but couldn't resist running in them once.

Busy week for me at work and family stuff, missed 3 days of training. Went over 600 miles for the year with about 280 of that barefoot, I did a lot of winter MR running and soon my barefoot will catch up.

23.24 miles BF including a

23.24 miles BF including a Half Marathon on Sunday in Chicago (longest BF run to date). It was a great race. 1:59:29. Faster than I expected and I had so much gas left in the tank it was ridiculous. I'll post a full review later, but I was astonished at how well my feet were adapted and how much energy I had, even since 2 weeks ago with my 12 mile run.

The course was along the lakeshore path and part of Jackson park and 40-50% sucked with rocks, debris, and even gravel and pot holes. I was so careful with my pace for such a long portion that I didn't realize that I was able to move faster. Not a bad problem I guess. At the end and today my feet and body feel about normal after a run. I think I am finally building some good BF habits.

Zumba...What happened? I've been out of the loop, are you hurt? Hope you are ok!

Mokie, are you forgetting to

Mokie, are you forgetting to count your barefoot mileage from yesterday? You ran, walked, climbed, and hiked at least 8 miles yesterday.

Barefoot TJ wrote:Mokie, are

Barefoot TJ said:
Mokie, are you forgetting to count your barefoot mileage from yesterday? You ran, walked, climbed, and hiked at least 8 miles yesterday.

My week is from Sun - Sat, yesterday is this week.

TJ your not that far off your old running totals!

I ran a hard 5 BF this

I ran a hard 5 BF this morning, actually made it out the door by 8am! Only problem now is I feel like maybe there is something in my heel, but can't see anything for find an entry hole that might signal a crumb of glass. Maybe I just bruised it or something. I'll know tomorrow, if it still hurts in a very specific spot, it will be time to go digging with the needle.

Oh yea, ran my 5 in less than 50 minutes, amazing what an 8 degree difference makes!

10 miles or so, Mokie.  The

10 miles or so, Mokie. The difference is now it's almost always painful.

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts