Weekly Mileage 41st week of 2012

scedastic

Barefooters
Oct 7, 2011
6 mi before 6am
it was work. 32 degrees and damp----was just nearly losing feeling in my toes (in sandals).
don't know what i'll do for colder; i tried on the toe socks before leaving the house and they just feel weird---don't like having stuff between my toes, and it had been my plan to wear those w the huaraches in the cold. hmm....................................................................................................................................

Reactions: happysongbird
What's up with the runners today? is everyone sitting on their hineys?
I am!

Yes! is my day off from running but I think I am going to follow your lead...maybe :)

Well Dama,you shamed me right out the door. I am gifted that way :)

3 miles at lunch in Oregon winter conditions. Drizzle with a air temp of +5C,
are we being pansy here?

Lol, it is better to have ran three short little miles than not to have ran at all. Did you get out yet for some short miles? :p

Just pulling you leg, of course three short little miles are better than no miles at all.
And no, I haven't got any short miles yet and I am not gonna.

Reactions: dutchie53
4.3 barefoot miles plus a killer new gym workout I just started, and I mean I am hurting already... :D The soles of my feet are fine as far as abrasions but I got a nice new big bruise in the arch of my left foot. There was one leaf (and one leaf only) on this stretch of sidewalk which I thought I had dodged (stroller blocked view of it for a couple seconds) and I wasn't even too worried about anyways. Turned out there was a nice big acorn under that leaf. Made a half mile of the last 3/4 mile almost unbearable. I almost stopped and walked the rest of the way home. Every little stick or piece of debris that hit that spot hurt like hell.

I just barely missed a winter qualifying run. It was 37 F when I first checked the temp this morning but by the time I had gotten my son fed and my legs rolled and stretched out it had warmed up to mid 40's... Dang it!!! The concrete sidewalks were nice and cold still though which I enjoyed. They were cold enough that I couldn't just stand there without lifting my feet occasionally to give them a break from the cold. Like always during this time of year I ran in shorts and short sleeved shirt (most here seem to be bundled up in winter gear already :confused:). I do not understand how all these folks that are so bundled up aren't hot in all that gear...

4.3 barefoot miles plus a killer new gym workout I just started, and I mean I am hurting already... :D The soles of my feet are fine as far as abrasions but I got a nice new big bruise in the arch of my left foot. There was one leaf (and one leaf only) on this stretch of sidewalk which I thought I had dodged (stroller blocked view of it for a couple seconds) and I wasn't even too worried about anyways. Turned out there was a nice big acorn under that leaf. Made a half mile of the last 3/4 mile almost unbearable. I almost stopped and walked the rest of the way home. Every little stick or piece of debris that hit that spot hurt like hell.

That's a good run Nick, better than dutchie's I hope the arch doesn't give grief later on.

Reactions: NickW and dutchie53
Thanks Dama! I hope the arch doesn't give me grief later on either. This is my longest run since starting running again. Hope I don't pay for that later too...

Keep our toes crossed.

Reactions: Bare Lee
Apparently it is weird. My wife has been on the hunt in my family to find someone else that can do it. So far nobody can do it. It kind of freaks my wife out because I do it without even thinking about it! Lol!

Reactions: Robin
8 miles of splashing through the puddles, had my running pants hiked up to my knees. Not sure what everybody was all shocked about, have they never seen somebody running happily though puddles before in 3 degree temps.

2.2 barefoot walking miles yesterday, picking up the kids from daycare and kindergarten. I'm walking without a limp now, but there's still stiffness and a little pain in the left knee, so no running yet. The frustration is starting to build. I've been trying to relieve it a bit by pushing more in the strength training. I also spent the hour I would've run yesterday reading more running-related research, getting my geek on. I was surprised to find that the Kenyans start fast and add distance, which has been the approach I've been toying with. When I can run again, I may try cutting back on distance a bit and focus on pace, as I did inadvertently two weeks ago, and then slowly add in distance again when I've reached a certain target pace, for example 8mm over 3 miles, or something like that. The Doc also cleared me to run consecutive days if I so choose, which may be worth trying--maybe add in one or two more days per week. I've also been hesitant to run consecutive days because of my age and the fear that I could wear down the joints, but it appears this may be another notion (like distance then pace) that isn't supported by evidence.

Anyway, great to hear Nick's running is going well, and I appreciate the Forceful One's task-mastering. Do I need a doctor's note to get out of running for this week's gym class?

Anyway, great to hear Nick's running is going well, and I appreciate the Forceful One's task-mastering. Do I need a doctor's note to get out of running for this week's gym class?

No, no need for a Dr's excuse I'll be easy on you this time.
Glad to hear that your Dr gave you the go ahead to run though.

Reactions: Bare Lee

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmeiners11