Weekly mileage 38th week of 2012

I think this post is to log your miles for each week. I can't remember correctly, maybe TJ can refresh my memory, but I thought that at the end of year she can announce the 500 milers and higher.

Reactions: happysongbird
1.5 shod miles. I wore my old 4mm drop shoes today, forgot that I didn't like them. Immediately just walking around the house I noticed the heel that I dislike in these. Feels like a triangular bar running from outside of shoe to inside about an inch-inch and a half from the end of the heel. Doesn't feel to great. Anyhow, during the run my left knee got really tight and then my middle toes started having pain and numbing within a mile. Suffered through the rest of the run and decided I will no longer wear these shoes. I need to donate them. I will stick with my higher drop NB for right now until I can get some NB zero's.

1.25 miles down at the junior high school track, another 1.75 miles walking with the stroller to pick up the kids at day care and kindergarten. Felt tired today, so didn't push it too much, averaging a 8:16 mm pace, and only took one short walking break instead of doing proper intervals as I was pressed for time, but it was good to condition my soles a bit more on the track's sandy gravel.

1.65 barefoot miles today. Today was not a planned run day but I was not notified that my gym here at my condo had the locks changed yesterday. Rather than pack my son and his stroller back upstairs to see if I could find the new key I decided to go for a run. Man it was a glorious 54 deg F with a slight misting going on. I felt really really good today and worked on some exercises that Dr Stoxen and Dr Mark recommend while running. Felt so good I hope I didn't over do it. My feet feel really good to. Not a wear spot on them at all. I guess while it took my feet a long time to adjust to bfr they seem to have stayed adjusted for quite a long time as well.

So I guess I am going to join you freaks on posting miles.
Well minutes for me I have beinf consistently running for 40/45 mins during my lunch hr every other day and for an hour on the weekends. I am going to do runs by time for at least another month(that way I don't push myself too much) and after that I am going to run by miles-me thinks.
Oh and good job everyone!

4.75 miles. Feet a bit more tingly than two days ago. Thought I might have a problem spot on one toe, since it feels oh so slightly tender, but skin is totally intact w/o blister. Trying to be patient inching that mileage back up to where it was in July! (just shy of 8 miles)

10.3, in shoes that cover my feet (NB minimus, not all that minimus if you ask me but whatev), cuz I left my sandals at school and rough roads w/ road kill at 5am are not my thing. Longest toe-covered shod run in, wow, like over a year when I wore giant 'stability' shoes. It was ok, I guess.
Running for exercise, but it was weird not to feel much in my feet. I think my form was ok? Felt awkward, then a little less so. We shall see.

4.75 miles. Feet a bit more tingly than two days ago. Thought I might have a problem spot on one toe, since it feels oh so slightly tender, but skin is totally intact w/o blister. Trying to be patient inching that mileage back up to where it was in July! (just shy of 8 miles)
Nice run!
I get that a lot on my skin. It feels like a blister, but it's not, the skin just gets really tender for a day or so. Good luck with patience.

6.9 miles, at 9:51 pace, out to Como Lake and back, and another half mile walking back from kindergarten with my daughter and our across-the-street neighbors' boy. I was a bit anxious about the reaction I'd get walking into the elementary school barefooted, but no-one at Discovery Club gave me grief. I only slept a few hours last night, but did a bit better than I expected. I like this route quite a lot, now that I can do it in sub-10mm pace. It may become my new base route. Seems like now that I've finally figured out my tofp, I'm progressing more rapidly. Feels like I should be able to do this route at close to 9mm pace within a month or two. I wonder at what point I'll start to plateau again . . .

Finished my week a day early with 6.82 miles because I probably won't run tomorrow on account of an all-day foto shoot.

I ran 34.07 miles this week.