Weekly mileage 34th week of 2012

When does the week reporting start, Sunday or Monday. If its Sunday, then I went for a barefoot 4 miler in the heat with my running partner Husky.

Bob I think it depends on the person and if you go by calender weeks or typical work/school weeks. I go by typical work/school weeks myself (M-Sun). My wife goes calender weeks (Sun-Sat).

Glad you rested today Lee. I took today off too, but I have a final speech I am working on for tonight as well, although I keep getting sidetracked here. I am thinking I just may take this week in addition to next week off as well from running and see how I do. I feel pretty dang good today walking around barefoot though which is making it hard to resist going out and running...

Bob I think it depends on the person and if you go by calender weeks or typical work/school weeks. I go by typical work/school weeks myself (M-Sun). My wife goes calender weeks (Sun-Sat).

Glad you rested today Lee. I took today off too, but I have a final speech I am working on for tonight as well, although I keep getting sidetracked here. I am thinking I just may take this week in addition to next week off as well from running and see how I do. I feel pretty dang good today walking around barefoot though which is making it hard to resist going out and running...
I vote for calendar weeks.

Glad to hear you're being sensible too Nick. We're a good "don't run" support pairing. Walking barefoot is great too, but this lay-off/lay-low is killing me, especially now with perfect running weather here.

Ya our temps just dropped back down to a more reasonable level as well which kind of sucks, because I'm not running that is. I'm sure soon enough I'll be whining like you were towards the end of the week last week here soon enough. I start my vacation this coming Saturday and I know there will be days that I may walk hard as we plan to do some small day hikes. Hopefully my heels won't flare up much or at all while out. I hope I can just enjoy my vacation to the fullest without this stupid nagging injury bothering me.

Reactions: Bare Lee
sunday: the trail 6 I've been doing w/ the running group.
in shoes cuz i gotta have'em when bounding down the rooty stony trails that everyone takes at full speed like they are runnin from the law. sandals wouldn't even cut it cuz no time to be careful and i can't lose the group, cuz i'm too busy chasin them down to look at where to turn on the trails. fun though

Didn't go running today. Felt a little something in my left foot while out for a stroll with my son yesterday, so I'll give it another day of running rest and just do weights and rowing. It seems like not running today is progress, and so merits reporting.

That is disciplined of you, and for which I send my commendations. Me, I'm in the throes of reminding myself that i have to have to have to take a day off no matter what, but it's so nice outside, and i feel ok, but I have to have to have to take just one day off........and so on....................

Just finished a 3 plus miler with my 12 year old son, he is getting faster, soon his old man will not be able to keep up to him.

I know what you mean, my kids always seem to be waiting now for me to finish. One of these I will show them how it is done (then spend a year recovering from injuries due to trying). 3 miles today with the dog and my daughter on her bike ( she is recovering from having her acl rebuilt torn in soccer last year)

Reactions: Barefooting Bob
Torn ACL? How old is she? But I can relate had my first knee surgery at 8.

Good, after what I experienced as a kid with my knee issues and stupid doctors ideas of what will fix them, I hate to see any child go through that. Sounds like she is well on her way to a full recovery.

2 miles at 3 this morning, could not sleep so out I go. Is it just me or do the pointy little rocks hurt more when one steps on them that early in the morning? Out for another 2 this afternoon.
You know, I've always thought about going for a run in the middle of the night when I can't sleep. I always end up eating junk food and reading instead. Good for you picking a healthier choice. And yes, pointy rocks do hurt more early morning, late at night, or any time one isn't in the mood for such business.

Just finished a 3 plus miler with my 12 year old son, he is getting faster, soon his old man will not be able to keep up to him.

Time to take him on longer runs then, and insist he go slower so that he can "pace himself" and not run out of energy too soon (while you try to catch up).
That's what I told my 7yr old last week when he asked "why are we going so slow" on a run. Might not work as well with a 12 yr old, so make the delivery convincing.

Reactions: Barefooting Bob
Thanks Scedstic, I might just give that a try. But I still kick his ass at the longer distances ;)

5.37 miles over lunch fairly good pace at just under 8 min/mile. Nice, sunny and hot, good to push the limits.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test