Week Ending Dec. 25/26th!

barefoot.zumba.runner

Barefooters
Apr 3, 2010
End of the year folks, are you going out with a bang?

Monday: nada..hmm, not a good way to start my 'end of the year, out with a bang'

plan:

Tuesday: 5mi run, 1hr zumba, 15min core

Wednesday: 6mi run, 1hr zumba

Thursday: 1hr zumba

Friday: 1hr zumba

Saturday: 12mi (maybe..may have to squeeze it in somewhere else, maybe Sunday)

Tuesday: 4.5mi run in the

Tuesday: 4.5mi run in the snow...half of it was through 4-5in of unplowed sidewalks/paths. Damn snow. 1hr zumba class

barefoot.zumba.runner

barefoot.zumba.runner said:
Tuesday: 4.5mi run in the snow...half of it was through 4-5in of unplowed sidewalks/paths. Damn snow. 1hr zumba class

It's not the snow, it the darn salt and chemical mix they throw on the sidewalks that is infuriating me, the stuff is peeling my skin off my toes. Concerned I'm losing all my built up tough skin. No respect for the barefoot runner, I tell you.

I'm still not really running

I'm still not really running due to family obligations and the shitestorm that is Xmas. My daughter came out for the second week in a row to run Monday night. She's seven and 24 degrees and lonely cold has not deterred her. It's so nice having a grown up kid all of a sudden!

You may have to take it to

You may have to take it to the trails Bob, sorry that stuff is eating up your feet. I imagine it's pretty potent! I'm running in minimal shoe outdoors, though have been hitting up the local college fieldhouse to keep built up plantar toughness...anything like that available in your neck of the woods?

J, I think that's great your dd is out running with you!!

barefoot.zumba.runner

barefoot.zumba.runner said:
You may have to take it to the trails Bob, sorry that stuff is eating up your feet. I imagine it's pretty potent! I'm running in minimal shoe outdoors, though have been hitting up the local college fieldhouse to keep built up plantar toughness...anything like that available in your neck of the woods?

J, I think that's great your dd is out running with you!!

I am checking out the Y to see if they will allow me to run the indoor track, I will figure it out somehow, other than that I am resorting to my Zems for the outdoors right now, trails are to deep with snow and haven't been trail blazed sufficiently yet.

Bob, careful of that salt way

Bob, careful of that salt way to many chemicals in there, play it smart and put something on your feet. Honestly don't sweat it about losing conditioning, you really don't lose any if you ask me. Takes me about less than two weeks in the spring and my conditioning is right back where it was. It's like muscle memory to a bodybuilder who stops lifting wieghts for a bit, the gets back into it.

I am hoping to run mon thru friday this week, I am base building right now and don't want to exceed below 30 mpw which has been my average as of lately. Will take sat off from running, and maybe sunday.

It's super warm today, 35 degrees, so looks like I will be able to knock out a 6 mile barefoot after work. Two weeks with no barefoot running is not fun.

Happy Holidays!

Haven't run in two

Haven't run in two weeks......
shock.png
It's been raining non-stop here for almost two weeks! I've seen a couple people out in the rain, but I'm just not that dedicated I guess. Anyway, it's supposed to stop for the next three days, so I'm going out no matter what. I'm starting to go a little nutso I think.

Send some rain over here. It

Send some rain over here. It hasn't rained in forever and it's cold and dry and my allergies are worse than they've ever been.

Wednesday: 1hr Zumba, 15min

Wednesday: 1hr Zumba, 15min core

Thursday: 6mi barefoot, indoor track!! Be still my beating heart!

The sun has been out almost

The sun has been out almost all day. I woke up with the intention of doing a long run right away, but life got in the way for a while. Ended up going out this evening with a young Soldier from my unit. She's a close friend of the family so I told her I would run with her and help her out a little. I didn't know how far she was going to want to run, so I told her I'd meet her about a 1.5m from my house. That way I at least get in a good 3mi on my own. She told me which way she wanted to go, and I knew that it was at least 2.5mi out. She started out going pretty fast and I was a little worried at first, but she soon realized that she wasn't going to be able to run very far at that pace. I'm glad she slowed down because I know I couldn't have kept up for long. Anyway, we ended up going about 5mi and I did a total of 8mi.

8mi @ 8-10min pace.

Had a nice 5 mile run last

Had a nice 5 mile run last night at 10:00pm, I wore my vibram sprints, the last mile I had to go barefoot. Temp was 29 degrees. This morning did a 4 mile barefoot run at 27 degrees, great run nice and dry no problems. If it's dry and not wet, I need to man up and be out there barefoot. HTFU!!

Finished off an 84 mile week

Finished off an 84 mile week with a trail marathon in Bikilas - looking at the forecast I might be able to XC-ski the route tomorrow or Monday but today it was bone dry and beautiful!

2 weeks off due to weather

2 weeks off due to weather and stubborness.

Finally went out Christmas for a 10mi trail run in my Speedo water shoes. 25 degrees & snow & frozen jagged mud. I thought it warmed up enough to take off my shoes at the 5.5 mile point but was wrong.

I managed to slog the last 4.5 BF but it was rough: stubbed my big toe on a rock and left a mile of bloody prints in the snow & ended up with my first hot spots on both feet and nasty bruises on the arches. Have been in slippers since. Will try again tomorrow but be smarter about those temps in the 20s. On the other hand, I loved running in the snow BF.

Wow, Chris!  Do you not taper

Wow, Chris! Do you not taper for your marathons anymore? 84 miles in one week with a marathon? Nice!

How many miles did you get for the year?

I had 15.98 miles total,

I had 15.98 miles total, including 9.6 miles barefoot (the rest in huaraches or VFFs in the snow). Happy New Year, everyone!

Barefoot TJ wrote:Wow,

Barefoot TJ said:
Wow, Chris! Do you not taper for your marathons anymore? 84 miles in one week with a marathon? Nice! How many miles did you get for the year?

Anymore?? That was my first 'official' marathon though I'd run the distance, or more, quite a few times in the past. I'd only signed up to do a half but was having a good conversation with a truck driver from North Dakota so I kept on going! Silly ain't it? It wasn't really a BQ as it was not a certified/individually timed course but I will record the 3.41 as a PR.

My mileage for the year is probably about complete now as I think I'll be skiing during this week off work so I guess I end up with;

416.37 in sneakers

925.7 barefoot and

1606.23 in VFF

for a grand total of 2948.3 miles - I would have liked to get to 3000 but I expect I'll enjoy the skiing even more than running the last 52 miles!

You mean "unofficial" then. 

You mean "unofficial" then. Ha! That is so funny. Hey, I'm running the half, but loving this ride, so I think I'll crank out another 13.1. That's hysterical!