Reviewed By: jamesjoshua1119

picture-225.jpg

Date Reviewed: 06/14/2010
Review Type: Race
Barefoot Friendliness: 3 Average

1107 Greer Street
Cordele , GA
See map: Google Maps

I have never written a review before, so bear with me.

2010 Watermelon Road Race 1m/5K/12K

Pro's of the race:

- Post Race Activities++++

- Great food afterwards...Strawberries, Grapes, Banana's, Donuts, Whole Watermelons, I think there was fried chicken, Vitamin Water, Gatorade, Regular Water.

-Great sponsors++++

- First - Third overall received a little statue type thing while first-second in age group received medals.

Cons:

- Registration was held in a small room. It did have A/C inside the gym, but made access cramped. I suppose I would rather be in the A/C rather than outside in the elements.

- I can only speak for the men, but there was only one stall to poop in. There may have been other facilities to use, but I was unaware of them.

Neutrals: (These are merely my personal preferences)

- For barefooters the course was pretty tough on the feet. I hugged the middle lines of the street. It's to be expected I guess. There was one section on the last mile that had a sidewalk that I was very zealous in because it was so smooth.

- There were about 20 racers who decided to run both the 5k and the 12k and awards were held up by them...I do not believe this to be the event staff's fault.

-For me, I don't like going in loops. We ran the 5k loop twice then went through another section to finish up the last 2k. Apparently they changed up the course at the last minute.

- Start time...I personally would have liked it to start at 0700 rather than 0800. It was getting stinking hot towards the end of the 12k

Overall...I would give this an 83 out of 100. I would definitely run it again next year.

Any questions you might have I will do my best to answer them.